RX570 Showing up as RX580, why?

May 6, 2018

This was purchased as a new card from Overclockers UK so shouldn't be flashed!?

May 6, 2018

The thought had crossed my mind but I knew that was going to be to good to be true so thought I'd try my luck on here.

My guess is it's probably down to chipset drivers categorising it under the 580 series for one reason or another, it's just one of those things that's going to sit at the back of my mind seriously affecting my OCD tendencies :pt1cable:

Jul 6, 2018

I'm having the same issue, I just received the RMA replacement card from sapphire. Same issue. Funny thing my hackintosh can identify the damn thing.

Jul 6, 2018

It's like the people who post essentially "it's the BIOS you altered " have way too much free time hanging around highly specific threads.

I rarely have knowledge that's not posted to death on the internet, but this is the only thread on google where someone described the same issue. Ok so I've been to the end of the earth finding a solution. Sapphire told me they've never seen it before but could do a RMA. I did, and continued having the same problem. It's either a BIOS setting it doesn't like or you let the AMD driver software select it for you. A older driver is needed if you want any luck. The issue isn't solved even if windows knows it's a 570. Stability is frankly worse than when its given the presumed proper 570 driver. Even with the 580 driver, it's still a power hungry special needs requiring card. I just sold mine. It's a hard issue to pin point, but I'm willing to explain the fixes In detail, just PM or relply to this thread.

maxwelladelakun

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I found out what happened. Its a driver issue. I uninstalled all my GPU drivers and installed Crimson ReLive 17.11.4 and it posted as an RX 570. When I install the new drivers like The Adrenaline drivers 18.0 and up, Thats when my card was being read as an RX 580.