Question RX570

Sep 24, 2019
Ok i have a new machine that is causing me major issues. these are my specs. If you care to read my long post about what i have done to fix this here is the post https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help.3528158/ , if you dont want to read it here is the short and ugly.

550w seasonic PSU------This used to be a 550w brand from Best buy
Ryzen 5 1600-------------This used to be a Ryzen 3 2200G
MSI RX570----------------This has been RMAD and replaced with new RX570, i have also tried NVIDIA GTX 660
G. SKill DDR4 2400------This was also replaced with Corsair DDR4 2400
X470 MB------------------This used to be a B350 MB
2 TB Barricuda-----------Used to be a 1 TB seagate

Reformatted and installed windows, then updates then drivers. still crashes. Flashed BIOS last night and updated drivers and let radeon app find the latest drivers. everything up to date. still crashes

I built this comp about 3 months ago and still have random crashes. Most common is a Kernel 141 error that says its a GPU issue. I kept thinking i had a hardware problem and replaced each component as. I have tried running without graphics card and still crashes. changed out peripherals and added each one still crashes.

So here is what I think may the problem. i run the OCCT test the computer will run for about 30 minutes and stop, next test ran for 14min then stopped,then ran for 45 minutes and stop--in that order. The only thing im wondering is that the GPU got up to 85C, is that too hot for this card? im not sure what to do next as now I have an entirely different PC from what I started with.

Ok i have a new machine that is causing me major issues. these are my specs. If you care to read my long post about what i have done to fix this here is the post https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help.3528158/ , if you dont want to read it here is the short and ugly.

550w seasonic PSU------This used to be a 550w brand from Best buy
Ryzen 5 1600-------------This used to be a Ryzen 3 2200G
MSI RX570----------------This has been RMAD and replaced with new RX570, i have also tried NVIDIA GTX 660
G. SKill DDR4 2400------This was also replaced with Corsair DDR4 2400
X470 MB------------------This used to be a B350 MB
2 TB Barricuda-----------Used to be a 1 TB seagate

Reformatted and installed windows, then updates then drivers. still crashes. Flashed BIOS last night and updated drivers and let radeon app find the latest drivers. everything up to date. still crashes

I built this comp about 3 months ago and still have random crashes. Most common is a Kernel 141 error that says its a GPU issue. I kept thinking i had a hardware problem and replaced each component as. I have tried running without graphics card and still crashes. changed out peripherals and added each one still crashes.

So here is what I think may the problem. i run the OCCT test the computer will run for about 30 minutes and stop, next test ran for 14min then stopped,then ran for 45 minutes and stop--in that order. The only thing im wondering is that the GPU got up to 85C, is that too hot for this card? im not sure what to do next as now I have an entirely different PC from what I started with.
What kind of crashes are you having? Is it a blue screen of death or a hard lock? If a BSOD eBay code?
Also that ram is FAR too slow for Ryzen

Sep 24, 2019
The most common error iget is a "live kernel 141 "error. It says it related to the gpu, but I have now tried different gpu and get the same error. Sometimes it just freezes up. So do you think the memory I currently have could be to slow?. In my other machine im running a ryzen 5 1500x with DDR 2400 and never have a problem. But at this point i have switched every component. Is their that much difference between the 1500x and the 1600?