Question RX5700 gpu crashing when playing Space Engineers

Jan 2, 2020
I open the game successfully, go to create game, select friends only server and enter. When I start my screen goes black and the game crashes. I originally was running on gpu driver version 19.9.2 (recommended) and would get a black screen with sound coming through but be stuck until I restart PC. I updated to version 19.12.3 and now it crashes the game which is better, but doesn't resolve the issue. I've played Rust and Shadow of the Tomb Raider at max graphics solidly at 80fps and at high settings around 100-120fps. I've played around 8 different games on this setup with no issue but I don't know how to fix this.

Jan 5, 2020
Yea I have this issue as well. Power management off and a few driver updates/stress tests and I can't find the problem. I only seem to crash when I go to a planet, but not in space. Graphics setting doesn't seem to matter, it just goes black, makes game sound for a few more seconds, then nothing. Sometimes Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B saves me from having to shut down and restart, but mostly it just crashes. My only other problem might be my EVGA 500w, but I'm not sure.

Jan 5, 2020
At least I got a solution now. :)
If you use windows 10 , you have to go to the power management and deactivate the quick start.

After that you go to the command windows ( Windows button -->cmd --> Enter) and write: shutdown -g -t --0 and press enter and restart the computer.

Now it works fine for me (y)

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I open the game successfully, go to create game, select friends only server and enter. When I start my screen goes black and the game crashes. I originally was running on gpu driver version 19.9.2 (recommended) and would get a black screen with sound coming through but be stuck until I restart PC. I updated to version 19.12.3 and now it crashes the game which is better, but doesn't resolve the issue. I've played Rust and Shadow of the Tomb Raider at max graphics solidly at 80fps and at high settings around 100-120fps. I've played around 8 different games on this setup with no issue but I don't know how to fix this.

For one, you don't have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. The latest version is 19.12.3 which fixed issue of the games crashing, the display cutting out to black and freezing. This occurred mainly because AMD totally botched the previous update to kick off the new year, and this happened to a lot of people because of it. Try updating it first before you get to anything else.

Jan 15, 2020
For one, you don't have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. The latest version is 19.12.3 which fixed issue of the games crashing, the display cutting out to black and freezing. This occurred mainly because AMD totally botched the previous update to kick off the new year, and this happened to a lot of people because of it. Try updating it first before you get to anything else.
Well it has been happening to me to with radeon 20.1.2............

Jan 5, 2020
Actually, if anyone even still cares, driver version 19.10.2 solved the Space Engineers issue completely for me. Other than the odd rotor based crash, it doesn't happen anymore.