Question Rx580 8 GB Sapphire Pulse help??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SoumyaHD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I have a question that my current system is gigabyte 970 gaming motherboard and fx cpu. I'm using a less powerful gpu ie hd6670 so will this card be compatible with my board and cpu and my power supply is 600W Corsair.
Please give suggestions.
And also can i put one 8 gb and 4 gb ram together will it work or should I just put two 4 gb.
Please help and thanks in advance.

SoumyaHD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
It's arguably an alright PSU, and not what I would consider "trash tier", which would generally be the off-brand things that don't perform anywhere near their claimed specifications. It should be fine enough for these cards though. It sounds like PC component pricing in your country might be higher, so anything significantly better would likely cost more.

How much does an RX 570 cost where you are, and how does that pricing compare to a 1050 Ti? An RX 570 generally performs within about 15% of an RX 580, and is around 50% faster than a 1050 Ti when not limited by CPU performance. As has been said, the limited per-core performance of your FX CPU will limit performance in some games, but any of these cards would be a lot more capable at running modern games than your HD 6670. Again, I would look into getting more RAM though. Having 8GB in total would likely be fine enough to run current games reasonably well.
Here all the prices are high. Especially in Amazon and Flipkart. But price vary in local shops and is slightly cheaper than online store.