[SOLVED] RX580 at 1440p?

Jun 26, 2022
Will my graphics card be the bottleneck in my system running a 1440p monitor?
System specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: RX580 4gb from HIS
RAM: Crucial 16gb 3200mhz DDR4
Mobo: Asus Prime A320M-E
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze v2 450w

D

Deleted member 362816

I mean yeah rx 580 is a 1080P card it will struggle at 1440P in most AAA games even at low-medium settings regardless of what CPU you have.

Jun 26, 2022
I don't pay for my own electricity, should I consider overclocking? I won't be able to get any upgrades for a while, I need a new CPU cooler before anything else and my budget is effectively zero at the moment.

Jun 26, 2022
as long as you dont expect to do high frame rates, it'll be fine.
Yeah I can get like 55 fps on Prey with medium settings, but turning down the graphics looks terrible and I can tell that its not completely smooth at that frame rate. I would also like to get higher render distances in minecraft. So I am wondering if it is the card slowing things down here, or some other component

Jun 26, 2022
At 1440p that gpu would be slowing down for sure. Can you try turning back to 1080p? It would probably help the card cope a bit better.
nah don't want to I got my monitor second hand for cheap, and I spend as much time watching stuff as I do gaming
The extra screen space is good for productivity too.

Do you mean run the games at 1080p on the 1440p monitor?

Reactions: spentshells

DSzymborski

Titan
I don't pay for my own electricity, should I consider overclocking? I won't be able to get any upgrades for a while, I need a new CPU cooler before anything else and my budget is effectively zero at the moment.

The PSU's too mediocre to risk overclocking on and the gains you get would be incremental anyway.

Given that it appears you already have the hardware and the monitor, why not simply run it and see? You've said your budget is zero, so how it works is how it works.