[SOLVED] Rx580 - BSODs and Game Crashes

May 26, 2020
I built my first pc around 2 weeks ago, here are the specs:

Shortly after I started playing games, I started to get BSODs and game crashes. Generally, it started with a simple game crash but if I restarted the game (without restarting my pc) I'd get a BSOD. I only got one of the stop codes from the BSODs, but it was IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After restarting my pc after the BSODs, my pc would usually run fine until I turned it off for an extended period of time again. I also got one instance of screen flickering while I wasn't playing a game, so I uninstalled my graphics card drivers through control panel and reinstalled them. Also, to make sure it wasn't my RAM, I ran Windows memory diagnostic but found no issues. The second time I installed drivers, I went with driver version 20.2.2 from AMD's Adrenalin software (I was running 20.4.2 before). However, afterward, I got another BSOD while playing a game. This one had stop code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (it said dxgkrnl.sys had failed) and wasn't foreshadowed by a game crash. I still suspect it's my graphics card drivers since I only have crashes while playing games and AMD is rumored to have driver issues, but I'm stuck as to what to do. Any and all help would be appreciated since I'm still new to this.

P.S if this post fits better on another section of the forums let me know and I'll move it.

Solution
Did you install all the drivers on your system? The ones that came with your motherboard? It could not be your gpu only. You can try using any driver installing software to help out. I used driver reviver to update my drivers. I have a rx580 myself and the latest drivers worked fine for me. Make sure your gpu isnt oc or anything.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Did you install all the drivers on your system? The ones that came with your motherboard? It could not be your gpu only. You can try using any driver installing software to help out. I used driver reviver to update my drivers. I have a rx580 myself and the latest drivers worked fine for me. Make sure your gpu isnt oc or anything.

Solution
May 26, 2020
I tried using driver reviver and some of my drivers did need updates, so I'll see how it performs from here on out. Thanks for the help.