[SOLVED] Rx580 MSI Armor Good Choice?

Jan 3, 2019
I've heard horror stories about the RX580 MSI Armor having a flimsy cooling solution, resulting in high temperatures and very loud fans during gaming loads.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Any MSI Armor owners able to confirm or deny these claims?

Thank you.

Solution
I had a RX580 4GB Armor edition, and yes they do run quite hot. If you have sufficient cooling on your case it wont be an issue. My card was a particular good over clocker, got 1450 on the core and OC'ed memory to 8Ghz from 7GHz with no issues.
I have an RX 470 Armor, and I've not had any of these problems. The card is solid and performs as expected. I've never even seen more than 75C on it under heavy gaming. Now, MSI could have changed things for the 500 series, but I know that there are exactly zero problems with my card.

Edit: No wait, I lied. I burned my finger on the heat pipe that slightly sticks out the side once. That is the only problem I've had. So, don't be dumb like I was and touch it to see how hot it is.

GR1M_ZA

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
I had a RX580 4GB Armor edition, and yes they do run quite hot. If you have sufficient cooling on your case it wont be an issue. My card was a particular good over clocker, got 1450 on the core and OC'ed memory to 8Ghz from 7GHz with no issues.

Solution