Question Rx580 not consuming power efficiently.

Jan 5, 2023
I currently run a system using an RX580 8GB alongside an Intel Xeon X5675 and 48GB DDR3 RAM (using a 144hz 2560*1440 monitor). When playing games, I appear to get inconsistent FPS, some games having higher FPS on ultra settings than others on minimum. When using MSI Afterburner, I could see that the games which have low framerates, would be using only 30W of GPU power, no matter the graphics settings. The CPU shouldn't be limiting it, as its usage isn't going above ~20%. I have already tried DDU, updating graphics drivers etc, made sure all radeon settings relating to it are disabled. Example games - Rainbow Six Siege gets 144fps at ultra settings, Valorant/League of Legends get around 100fps (at medium graphics), Escape from Tarkov gets only 30fps at minimum graphics. Has anyone come across this/is able to help fix this?

I can provide additional information if needed, currently cannot test on the PC for a few hours

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

You might want to pass on the make and model of these parts in your build;
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Please include the BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

Jan 5, 2023
Here's what I can fill in now! Can't access the computer as I am away but this is what I can remember.

Motherboard: Rampage III Gene, BIOS version 1003, latest on the website I believe
Ram: Unsure the brand but 48GB DDR3 at 1366MHz (uncertain)
SSD/HDD: 128GB SATA SSD for my boot, then a 500gb HDD
GPU: RX580 8GB
PSU: 650W, uncertain brand
Chassis: Some Corsair case
Monitor: Dell S2722DGM 27 Inch QHD

For all of these I can later on give more detailed information, such as part numbers. Sorry for the lack of information currently, I hope anything I can provide right now can help.