[SOLVED] RX580 on 2200G

miskoprotis

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,

Recently installed RX580 to my 2200G system.
Monitor connected via HDMI on RX580. Everything is ok (i can boot and see screen).
Device manager shows 2 Displays adapters with no errors.
Radeon settings shows 2 GPU on system also. Vega (integrated) + RX580 (primary/discrete).
I have not changed/updated any drivers after adding RX580 (Radeon software version 19.20).

It is all good? or should I delete old drivers and install new ones? disable igpu on BIOS?

Solution
Hello,

Monitor connected via HDMI on RX580. Everything is ok (i can boot and see screen).
Radeon settings shows 2 GPU on system also. Vega (integrated) + RX580 (primary/discrete).
I have not changed/updated any drivers after adding RX580 (Radeon software version 19.20).

It is all good? or should I delete old drivers and install new ones? disable igpu on BIOS?
The iGPU from the 2200G and the RX580 use the exact same drivers so there is no need to remove and reinstall. However, I would go and download the most current drivers and install them. With the newest Radeon Software there is an option during the install to completely...
Hello,

The iGPU from the 2200G and the RX580 use the exact same drivers so there is no need to remove and reinstall. However, I would go and download the most current drivers and install them. With the newest Radeon Software there is an option during the install to completely remove the old drivers before continuing. I would do that since it is a big change to the new ones, but it can be done from the install of the new drivers.

Reactions: miskoprotis
Solution

miskoprotis

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
The iGPU from the 2200G and the RX580 use the exact same drivers so there is no need to remove and reinstall. However, I would go and download the most current drivers and install them. With the newest Radeon Software there is an option during the install to completely remove the old drivers before continuing. I would do that since it is a big change to the new ones, but it can be done from the install of the new drivers.

Read a lot about new drivers and RX580 problems. And now a little bit scared since changed 2 PSU for RX580.. and waited for 2 weeks to get deliveries :D

Also find out I can see BIOS only if connect via MB. If I update drivers could I lose seeing the BIOS?
Or if I disable igpu on BIOS could I still access it?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, the drivers have nothing to do with being able to get a signal prior to the OS booting up.

There MAY be some setting to change in the BIOS to tell it to use a separate video card rather than the integrated graphics, I'm not sure. I thought they usually did that automatically.

EDIT: also my son was using drivers one or two versions earlier than the latest with his RX 580, but that's only because he forgot to check for updates.

Read a lot about new drivers and RX580 problems. And now a little bit scared since changed 2 PSU for RX580.. and waited for 2 weeks to get deliveries :D

Also find out I can see BIOS only if connect via MB. If I update drivers could I lose seeing the BIOS?
Or if I disable igpu on BIOS could I still access it?
I have an R9 285 with the most current drivers and don't have any issues.

miskoprotis

Reputable
Mar 15, 2020
Given my excessive paranoia, I would go the full:
  • Download the latest DDU
  • Download the latest WHQL AMD Adrenaline drivers
  • Run DDU in safe mode
  • Reboot
  • Install the Adrenaline drivers you downloaded.
And all things should then be trouble-free.

I have paranoia to ruin my only pc on quarantine.. :)
Should i disable igpu on BIOS? Does leaving it enable do any problems?