[SOLVED] rx580 problems with drivers

pearce_pc

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Hi. I have just upgraded my gpu from a rx460 to an rx580 8gb. I tried installing drivers but see no difference in the fps at all. My gpu isnt showing up at all in task manager like the gpu percent. It is getting recognised tho in amd software. Another reason why I think its the drivers because when I go into dxdiag on run it doesnt show render. Please Help guys I need my pc back asap. Thanks

Solution
Some cards on eBay may have been used for mining cryptocurrency and will need a simple modification to be used for gaming.

Download this: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ This program will identify your GPU and can alert to issues.
Take a screenshot of the first tab and upload it here: www.imgur.com
Post the link generated here.

Then, Press Win+X on your keyboard and click device manager. Then click on "display adapters". It should say "Radeon RX580 Series" If it says something else, there is an issue. If it says RX580, right-click on it and click on properties. It should say "this device is working properly" If there is an error code 43 there, there is an issue.

The VS550 shouldn't cause the 580 to not show up but is...

pearce_pc

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Where did you buy this 580?
Can I see a GPU-Z screenshot?
Does device manager see the 580? Is there an error code 43?

Full system specs including make and model of psu?
ebay
Whats a gpu z screenshot?
where can i see the 580 in device manager
specs
rx580 8gb
b350m gaming pro motherboard
16gb ram
1tb hdd
vs550 corsair psu
ryzen 5 1500x

Some cards on eBay may have been used for mining cryptocurrency and will need a simple modification to be used for gaming.

Download this: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ This program will identify your GPU and can alert to issues.
Take a screenshot of the first tab and upload it here: www.imgur.com
Post the link generated here.

Then, Press Win+X on your keyboard and click device manager. Then click on "display adapters". It should say "Radeon RX580 Series" If it says something else, there is an issue. If it says RX580, right-click on it and click on properties. It should say "this device is working properly" If there is an error code 43 there, there is an issue.

The VS550 shouldn't cause the 580 to not show up but is a rather low-end unit for an RX580.

Solution