Question Rx580 pulse 8gb

Feb 25, 2021
I just got a new rx580 pulse and was going to have it mining.... I enabled compute mode and set clocks in wattman, but when I run the miner it only hashes about 14mhs. In wattman even though I set the vram to 2100, it caps at 1000 and won’t go any higher than that. Any idea why this would be ? It caps at 1000 on both sides of bios switch as well.

Use the default settings, enable compute and test. Then bump the VRAM up a little at a time. Keep doing so until you find your limit. Then you can mess with dropping your power limits and GPU speed if you want. The key is a little at a time and test. Restart between bumps.

Also if you are messing with your VRAM and mining. Set a very aggressive fan curve. Like 100% at 30C. As fan speed responds to GPU not VRAM temp. Even if your GPU is cool. Your memory may be hot.

Feb 25, 2021
Use the default settings, enable compute and test. Then bump the VRAM up a little at a time. Keep doing so until you find your limit. Then you can mess with dropping your power limits and GPU speed if you want. The key is a little at a time and test. Restart between bumps.

Also if you are messing with your VRAM and mining. Set a very aggressive fan curve. Like 100% at 30C. As fan speed responds to GPU not VRAM temp. Even if your GPU is cool. Your memory may be hot.
Thanks for the reply , but the issue is physically I can’t drag the wattman vram above 1075.. nothing crashes or goes wrong card mines away fine, it’s just capped at 1075 while my other 580 no issue dragging the slider well above 1075. If I set it to 2100 and hit apply settings, immediately in wattman it shows 1075 and stays there.

TRENDING THREADS