RX580 reaches 85° while gaming

ampedupdad

Proper
Nov 7, 2018

I'd make sure everything is working correctly, i.e. fans spinning right and then also make sure everything is nice and clean.

You may need to adjust when your fans kick on/% used.

Feb 8, 2019

is 100% clean and i assume its all correctly installed i went to a tech store for them to build it

ampedupdad

Proper
Nov 7, 2018

How is the air flow to and from the case?

Feb 8, 2019

Three in the front are Intake, one at the back outtake, none at the top

ampedupdad

Proper
Nov 7, 2018

I mean how enclosed do you have it? I really think it won't KILL it, but if it's constantly at 85C, that could definitely have an adverse effect on the lifespan of the card.

Feb 8, 2019

i dont understand 100% haha english is not my first language, its sits on my desk with room to take air and expel it and the case is closed, i dont have an open side

ampedupdad

Proper
Nov 7, 2018

I think you're alright. Just monitor it to see if it is constantly at 85 or if it spikes there every once in a while.

Could be that you got unlucky and something is going on with it.

Feb 19, 2019
You're creating positive pressure in the case with 3 Fans blowing in and 1 Fan is blowing out. That's good for keeping dust out, but reduces the amount of air flowing over the card.

Can you move one fan to the top or bottom so that it blows out? 2 fans in and 2 fans out will probably give you the greatest volumetric air flow, which should mean you're moving more heat out of the case.

dmorisette

Commendable
Dec 15, 2017
I have a Saphire Nitro+ 480 and it had the same problem. I went in to Wattman and looked at the auto fan curve and it was the culprit. It doesn't ramp up fan speed early enough in my situation. Create a better fan profile, save it, and try it now. I have it ramping up to 50% by 55 degrees or so and then higher of course on a steepening curve. It keeps the card in the 54 to 58 degree range without the fans roaring with no problem. One little detail problem I have- if I update drivers I have to remember to go in and activate the custom fan profile. It reverts to AMD auto curve every time I update drivers.