[SOLVED] RX580 Sapphire GPU drivers

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

I have a AMD RX580 Sapphire GPU. I've always used the latest, standard "Radeon Software" driver but because I use some 3D design programs, I've installed the "Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise".

My question is, do you/should I run both at the same time. Or is the Pro Software for Enterprise (or vise versa) fine on it's own?

Also, after installing the latest driver, is it safe to delete past driver files, as they take up space?

Thanks.

Solution
Thanks,

sorry for "Noob" questions but... Would you advise this to be done every so often (once a year) to clear space on PC?
nope, only do this if you want to completely remove the driver files. it's harmless tho, so yeah you could use this to unisntall most of gpu and audio drivers too!
Hello,

I have a AMD RX580 Sapphire GPU. I've always used the latest, standard "Radeon Software" driver but because I use some 3D design programs, I've installed the "Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise".

My question is, do you/should I run both at the same time. Or is the Pro Software for Enterprise (or vise versa) fine on it's own?

Also, after installing the latest driver, is it safe to delete past driver files, as they take up space?

Thanks.
it is safe to use 2 drivers, if you want a complete delete of driver uninstall, uninstall both radeon drivers with ddu and reinstall them again.

Also when I wrote about past driver files, I mean past version of the driver. E.G.... May's release, March's release of driver. The files sit there and take up room. They are ok to just delete or do I have to use the DDU?
do you mean the driver installer or the past file? if you mean the past file, you could use DDU to completely remove the driver and the folders completly. and try to see if it removed all.