Question rx590 performance problem (maybe)

ImJust_Karma

Prominent
Jan 17, 2020
in all the benchmarks i watch people get more frames with higher settings than mine
one of my friends with 1650 get's more frames than me in assetto corsa or any other game his cpu is r7 3700x

My system spec is : r5 3600 ,saphire rx590, gigabyte b450 aorus elite,16 gb of ram 2666 mhz (the pc is cooled pretty good and the temps are at 70 all the time)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
in all the benchmarks i watch people get more frames with higher settings than mine
one of my friends with 1650 get's more frames than me in assetto corsa or any other game his cpu is r7 3700x

My system spec is : r5 3600 ,saphire rx590, gigabyte b450 aorus elite,16 gb of ram 2666 mhz (the pc is cooled pretty good and the temps are at 70 all the time)
Using a AMD processor memory speed is very important the 2666 memory if probably hurting your performance.

Restart your PC, let it sit for 5 mins and then run the userbenchmark again.

Your ram is running at 2933, so you are already missing performance. The CPU which is what mainly determines fps, is slower enough to have somewhat significant difference.

I am suspecting also high thermals, so how are your temps?

You still have not mentioned specific performance numbers

Your CPU is not boosting to advertised speeds. Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers, BIOS update, set power plan in windows to prefer maximum performance and run again the benchmark.
What is the exact make and model of your PSU?

Do you use max settings on Rust? To be honest it's mostly CPU bound game so the performance difference just by the better CPU of your friend is enough. Add to that the slower RAM and the lower boost clocks for some reason we have yet to discover, you get your result.

ImJust_Karma

Prominent
Jan 17, 2020
i don t have the latest bios but i m affraid an bios update will frick my board (b450 aorus elite) . i have the latest chipset drivers installed cause i reinstalled windows recently. on rust i use min settings but on max i get like 50 -70 .the ram is overclocked from 2666 to 2933 and i can t get it to 3200 and xmp does not work if i try i higher frequency than 2666

ImJust_Karma

Prominent
Jan 17, 2020
u sure? i heard 3000 series owners say that after getting 5000 series update their cpu dosen t work . i don t see no a2-b2 in manual
Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4
Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3
this are the channels mentioned by gigabyte

Last edited:
i don t have the latest bios but i m affraid an bios update will frick my board (b450 aorus elite) . i have the latest chipset drivers installed cause i reinstalled windows recently. on rust i use min settings but on max i get like 50 -70 .the ram is overclocked from 2666 to 2933 and i can t get it to 3200 and xmp does not work if i try i higher frequency than 2666
50-70fps with max settings are to be expected with your system. The ram is holding you back but not by a lot. The main issue is the boost of CPU not reaching max which indicates an issue.

I can't be sure if it's bios related but the power plan in windows will also help. Have you done a malware scan lately?

ImJust_Karma

Prominent
Jan 17, 2020
when i wrote that it was clocked to 3200 but it was not stable
how could i fix cpu clock tho
i tried in the past to oc my cpu to 4.3 but it was unstable
only 4.1 worked for me

TRENDING THREADS