Question RX590 system has been constantly crashing.

Mar 25, 2020
Hello! (new to the forum) I have a system with an rx590 FatBoy and a Ryzen 5 1500x... And basically ever since I installed the graphics card - which was about 3 months ago - I've been experiencing super random system crashes. No blue screen or any type of error; no info put into my minidump folder or anything. At first my monitors would just turn off but my PC would continue running, but lately it's just been restarting randomly. I thought it might be an overheating issue but sometimes it's only after like a couple hours of use and no gameplaying; my GPU temps don't look out of the ordinary.

I've been through my fair share of computer probs but I'm far from an expert... I really don't know where to go from here. And I desperately need my computer to be reliable at the moment because I just started working from home because of the coronavirus!

Please help!! Thank you so much!!

Mar 25, 2020
MB is MSI B450 A PRO

Like I said, it's always been very random. I guess it wasn't immediate once I got the new GPU. I honestly can't remember when it started to happen regularly. Before it was like maybe 3 times a week and now it's like a couple times a day when I'm on it all day.

Mar 25, 2020
yeah it's modular and I used the cables that came with it. everything seems to be hooked up properly... the only thing I would note is that my GPU fans hardly ever turn on; not sure if that means something isn't hooked up right or not. I have seen them turn on but it's not very often.

Mar 25, 2020
if you check the gpu temp and they look right shouldn't matter
do try to undervolt/underclock the 590

First off I really appreciate the help...
So I turned down my core clock with MSI Afterburner and turned up the GPU fans. I think I went collectively like 10 or 12 hours before my system randomly restarted while I was playing a game.
Any other troubleshooting idea?
Thanks again!

Mar 25, 2020
I don't think my GPU was ever overheating but I set the Temp. Limit to 80 in Afterburner anyway...
How could I test to see if my PSU is the issue? I'd be surprised since it's so new and I was having the same problem with my last one as well as the new one.