Question RX 6000/7000 Series; Strange bug in Chromium-based web browsers ?

Jul 2, 2024
I've found a very strange bug that happens with my new RX 7800 XT GPU.

In Chrome/Edge I have noticed that when you hover over a text field (and the cursor changes) it also goes white, this is a problem because on a white background the cursor should be black, like it usually is. This makes the cursor "disappear".
The Issue is not present with Nvidia GPU.

I have switched to Firefox in the meantime but this bug is very persistent (there is documentation dating back to 2022 online).

Can any of you guys with a new RX GPU reproduce the error? Just open a tab in Edge, ensure you have the default mouse icons enabled (switching to the beam_r icon is a common "fix"), and make sure you are on Windows 11, with the latest updates.

Thank you all so much for reading! I appreciate any support.

Jul 2, 2024
That slows down the browser too much. I've switched to Firefox in the meantime. Do you have an RX GPU? If so can you reproduce the bug?

That slows down the browser too much. I've switched to Firefox in the meantime. Do you have an RX GPU? If so can you reproduce the bug?
Eh, as above. Does turning off hardware acceleration stop it? If so, these are known bugs. Most likely won't be solved untill MS get around to it, or AMD have a driver level fix.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/su... AMD Radeon,includes them with the submission. - Report the bug here.

On a sidenote, do you have HDR on in WIndows. Maybe try it with off to see if that helps.

Jul 2, 2024
Yes there is a few known fixes.
Turning off hardware accel (makes browser too slow)
Using a non-default text cursor icon
Changing colour of icon