Question RX6600 XT performs worse than GTX 1060

May 16, 2022
Hello.
Today I received my RX6600 XT from PowerColor (the fighter variant to be exact). I removed my old GTX 1060, seated the new card correctly, launched my PC, used DDU to uninstall old drivers and then installed AMD Drivers.
Well so the thing is I tried it in the two games I play which are: Apex Legends and Valorant.
I noticed that my FPS is the same or even lower than on my old GTX 1060.
I checked my temps and the card isn't overheating neither can I see a bottleneck cause the GPU and CPU usage is 50% for both.
I have no idea what the issues could be and really need help.

My specs are as follow:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: RX6600XT
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1
PSU: Corsair VS550
If any more information is needed please let me know.

Hello.
Today I received my RX6600 XT from PowerColor (the fighter variant to be exact). I removed my old GTX 1060, seated the new card correctly, launched my PC, used DDU to uninstall old drivers and then installed AMD Drivers.
Well so the thing is I tried it in the two games I play which are: Apex Legends and Valorant.
I noticed that my FPS is the same or even lower than on my old GTX 1060.
I checked my temps and the card isn't overheating neither can I see a bottleneck cause the GPU and CPU usage is 50% for both.
I have no idea what the issues could be and really need help.

My specs are as follow:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: RX6600XT
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1
PSU: Corsair VS550
If any more information is needed please let me know.

Hello,

Just because your CPU usage is at ~50% it doesn't mean its not limiting your brand new GPU performance.

Many games (if not all of them out there) are going to saturate 1 core with lots of very important tasks, while the extra cores will help with less heavy and/or support tasks.

In short all you need is that one core to be fully used to limit the performance of your GPU.

And yes, as JohnBonhamsGhost already wrote your PSU is on really on the "not enough" line for that GPU.

How old is that unit?

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz