[SOLVED] Ryzen 1300X can run XMP but new 1800X cannot

Hello,

My old Ryzen 1300X can run XMP but my new 1800X cannot, system keeps rebooting until bios is reset automatically.

GSkill 2800Mhz C15 Hynix and GSkill 2666Mhz C15 Samsung both 1.25V.

So far I tried overclocking without XMP, raising memory voltage up to 1.4V, changing latency to 16 and setting to anything higher than 2133Mhz and updated my motherboard bios to latest ASRock AB350 Pro4 v5.40.

I am stuck at 2133Mhz with the 1800X but I was running stable 2866Mhz C15 1.25V with the 1300X.

Also bios says Single Channel but my configuration and CPUZ are Dual Channel.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You need to start with a solid base before cranking up the speeds. Set the CPU to stock speed. Then try inching up the speed on the memory.

Your best course of action would be to install matching memory. With the changed config, 2133 may be all you can achieve.

Just to let people in the same situation know that I fixed the issue by installing a new CPU cooler. I bought matching memory compatible with my motherboard and the issue still persisted. I read on another forum that the pressure on the CPU if the cooler is too tight can make the memory controller in the CPU not work properly. I was using the 1300X cooler on the 1800X so I bought a new CPU cooler and reinstalled the CPU. Now the same and the newer RAM runs in dual channel, 3400Mhz the newer one. It was a hard issue to track honestly.