ryzen 1300x temp spke every few seconds

lee47

Reputable
May 17, 2015
i have a ryzen 1300x. on idle its temp increases from 35c to around 45c every few seconds. During this fan makes loud noise.I have windows 10. motherboad msi A320M PRO-VD/S. Thanks

Solution
This is somewhat common on first gen Ryzen. And not a cause for concern.
My 1600x cycles as well.
Play with the fan curve so it works around that temp. to not have the cpu fan ramp up and down needlessly
Say 30% fan speed flat, from 0 to 50 degrees. Which is more than enough for idle and light loads.
Run it up towards 50% from 50-65 degrees. ( probably the range you see while gaming. Check for yourself. Adjust as needed)
And 70 ish % sliding up to 100% from 65 to 85 degrees. ( heavy load/stress test temps. )

While not ideal, it works around the odd displayed temp thing while keeping your stuff in comfortable temp ranges.

Above fan speeds and temps are for reference only, but should be close enough to be starting...

exroofer

Distinguished
This is somewhat common on first gen Ryzen. And not a cause for concern.
My 1600x cycles as well.
Play with the fan curve so it works around that temp. to not have the cpu fan ramp up and down needlessly
Say 30% fan speed flat, from 0 to 50 degrees. Which is more than enough for idle and light loads.
Run it up towards 50% from 50-65 degrees. ( probably the range you see while gaming. Check for yourself. Adjust as needed)
And 70 ish % sliding up to 100% from 65 to 85 degrees. ( heavy load/stress test temps. )

While not ideal, it works around the odd displayed temp thing while keeping your stuff in comfortable temp ranges.

Above fan speeds and temps are for reference only, but should be close enough to be starting points for fan curve tweaking.

If you need some help with exactly how to do this, let us know.

Solution

lee47

Reputable
May 17, 2015

Thank you. I have set fan curve manually in bios now there's no noise