Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
Ok so this is my computer
CPU:Amd fx 4300
GPU:gtx 1050 ti OC
ram:hyperx 8gb ddr3 2000mHz
PSU:CoolerMaster Elite series 600W
Mobo:Gigabyte GA-970 Gaming retail

So i am planning to change my cpu and i am in between ryzen 1600 and ryzen 2600,also i ll keep my gpu and psu as i believe they are ok.Furthermore is a hyperx 2600mHz ram enough or should i look for something with more mHz like the predator series or something.In the end is MSI B450 gaming plus an overall ok motherboard for this system?Thanks in advance!

georger2

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
I would really prefer to get the pc parts from my country(due to the delay of transportation),is there any big diffrence between the motherboards?Also from my experience my 1st motherboard burned because of the games i play,so a technician suggested that i should go for a gaming one next time.

georger2

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
Understood, I just popped into PCPartPicker. You can look up the same/similar components where you prefer to shop.

The technician's advice about mobos is largely irrelevant. As long we you have proper cooling, the suggested components will perform well.
I found all the parts you suggested for 313 euros,pretty fine but i have one more question,are 3000mHz really necessary?Also i have a preferation on hyperx rams do you suggest that Patriot ll be better?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would check the QVL list for whichever Motherboard you choose and pick RAM that is on that list so you Know it is compataible with your motherboard.
That way you know it will run at it's rated speed vs. defaulting to a much lower speed.
The Ryzen 5 2600 paired with a B450 MB and 3000 MHz or 3200 MHz RAM is a good choice.
I am currently running a Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.9 GHz on an ROG Strix B450-F Gaming with 16 GB of 3200 G.Skill TridentZ ram (at 3400 MHz)
I would also check the price on the MSI Tomahawk B450 and ROG Strix B450-F in your area they may be priced similarly to the Gigabyte board and both reviewed very well.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019
@georger2 I am Greek too.

The prices of pc parts in Greece are way better than other western European countires. The only option for buying cheaper than new is used from ebay or the greek site Insomnia. You should check on skroutz.gr το find what store has the best final price (price+postage).

Ryzen 1xxx series was dependent of ram speeds. The Ryzen 2xxx series fixed that but 3000mhz is the minimum I would advise too. There are videos on youtube of benchmarks on the matter.

Also do you prefer atx for upgradeability down the line (for example I do video editing and opted for premium atx mobo because I did OC and I needed additional pci-e storage,10gbit ethernet and OC ). If not buy a micro-atx motherboard. What @DMan999 suggest for mobos are a good choise for the money. The Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming can be had for 127€ (shiping included) and the MSI Tomahawk B450 can be had for 102,04€ (shipping included).

Do you use the computer for gaming, productivity or both?

The waiting time you are concered applies to Greek stores also because store inventory depends on the import company for each manufacturer.Some big stores get more numbers of supplies and sell them more expensive because of availability and some other are cheaper but have a waiting. So you can for example wait for a week to 10 days for a component and buy it cheaper from smaller stores or buy them from big stores and pay the extra cash.

When I build my pc I built it with new parts except the CPU (5930k) that was costing new 600€ in Greece and I bought it 450€ used from Ebay and has had no problem for the past 4 years and the seller was giving me 1year warranty. If you have 300€ cash I would suggest to sell your old mobo+cpu+ram and add that extra cash to you 300€. Insomnia.gr is a good place to sell or facebook marketplace.

InvalidError

Titan
If you can bear with your current system for just a few more months, Ryzen 3 will launch and even if you can't afford one of those, it will likely make that 2600 or even the 2700 considerably more affordable after price cuts. Based on rumored prices for Ryzen 3, the Ryzen 2700 may very well be in the $160-180 range within the next couple of months.

georger2

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
@georger2 I am Greek too.

The prices of pc parts in Greece are way better than other western European countires. The only option for buying cheaper than new is used from ebay or the greek site Insomnia. You should check on skroutz.gr το find what store has the best final price (price+postage).

Ryzen 1xxx series was dependent of ram speeds. The Ryzen 2xxx series fixed that but 3000mhz is the minimum I would advise too. There are videos on youtube of benchmarks on the matter.

Also do you prefer atx for upgradeability down the line (for example I do video editing and opted for premium atx mobo because I did OC and I needed additional pci-e storage,10gbit ethernet and OC ). If not buy a micro-atx motherboard. What @DMan999 suggest for mobos are a good choise for the money. The Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming can be had for 127€ (shiping included) and the MSI Tomahawk B450 can be had for 102,04€ (shipping included).

Do you use the computer for gaming, productivity or both?

The waiting time you are concered applies to Greek stores also because store inventory depends on the import company for each manufacturer.Some big stores get more numbers of supplies and sell them more expensive because of availability and some other are cheaper but have a waiting. So you can for example wait for a week to 10 days for a component and buy it cheaper from smaller stores or buy them from big stores and pay the extra cash.

When I build my pc I built it with new parts except the CPU (5930k) that was costing new 600€ in Greece and I bought it 450€ used from Ebay and has had no problem for the past 4 years and the seller was giving me 1year warranty. If you have 300€ cash I would suggest to sell your old mobo+cpu+ram and add that extra cash to you 300€. Insomnia.gr is a good place to sell or facebook marketplace.
I have seen many benchmarks and the diffrence between a 2400mHz ram and 3000mHz one isnt even noticeable.Also i use my computer only for gaming.Do you have any social media i can contact you through?It will be much easier especially when you are greek too.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I have seen many benchmarks and the diffrence between a 2400mHz ram and 3000mHz one isnt even noticeable.Also i use my computer only for gaming.Do you have any social media i can contact you through?It will be much easier especially when you are greek too.
Actually going from 2400 MHz RAM to 3000 or 3200 MHz can make a big difference in fps on a Ryzen based system depending on which game you are playing, what gpu you have and what resolution you use:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6YUtGXIW08

Last edited: