Ryzen 1600 stability

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
for over 10 days i was running my ryzen 1600 @ 3.9Ghz with 1.32v which is actually great.
Aida64 stress test runs smooth no crashes, 72°c max,
but with Prime95 ( slow FTT) it crashes after 5 mins and touch 82°c but it run stable 3.9 at 1.35v 83°c.

i actually played a lot of BF1 with 3.9 at 1.32v with absolutely no problem.
so which test should i consider ? the difference is huge am confused.

one more question, what is NB CPU/SoC voltage? default is 0.9v but when i OCC my CCPU + RAM it jumps to 1.15 / 1.2 ... should i mess with that or just put it manually at 1.0v ?

there is no single test that verifies stability.
In fact the best practice is to use couple of stress tests and then as much as possible real world applications.
It is because different programs use/load the CPU in different ways. There are many different blocks in CPU different things even within the core.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
one more question, what is NB CPU/SoC voltage? default is 0.9v but when i OCC my CCPU + RAM it jumps to 1.15 / 1.2 ... should i mess with that or just put it manually at 1.0v ?

In my mind it's worth doing those stability tests only if instability with usual and most demanding programs is encountered, otherwise it's just waste of HW making it work out of normal parameters. OCCT is my "weapon" of choice, you get graphs while running it and report in case of crashes. 1 hour at most should be enough to spot any problems.

gm-madi

Respectable
Nov 26, 2017
after a long time testing, Different RAM speed with different CPU frequencies and voltages,
i realized that the best way to check stability is CINEBENCH R15, it sounds stupid but, i just spam 8/10 CPU rendering. it allows me to watch max temps after many rendering tries, and ofc if i dont crash means it is stable.
i check stats with HWinfo which gives the sweet spot CPUVoltage used at that load ( for exemple i set 3.85 at 1.35v and HWinfo showed 1.32v used max load so i finally set it on 1.325v and it is 100% stable )