Ryzen 1600 stuttering

JusticeF

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Hi i recently built a PC with Ryzen 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB of RAM and Asrock AB350 Gaming K4 mobo. As a test i played watch dogs on my PC, I get 80 FPS while on foot running and 60-70 while driving, but I get FPS drop sometimes when driving fast. I updated my GPU driver through Geforce Experience, also download Ryzen latest chipset driver (radeon crimson relive). A weird stuff, I think the Ryzen cores arent running well because when i play watch dogs CPU1 shows highest usage (70-97%) while CPU2 usage is way so low (0-30% but mostly it runs on 0% or around 5-15%) and the rest I assume is normal because they're vary from 15-40%. The GPU usage while playing watch dogs is 90%+. sometimes 55-70%. What am i doing wrong? Can someone help? CPU2 usage is so low while CPU1 is so high, even it can reach full usage..

That's what you want from a SMT cpu, you want the core to run one thread at full speed to get the highest possible performance,and only use the logical core if there is performance left over in the main core.