[SOLVED] Ryzen 1600 swap not posting anymore

Sep 28, 2021
Hi guys, I think I may have bricked my CPU and new MOBO.
I have a Ryzen 1600 on a B350 on an old rig.
Want to upgrade entire new system with B550 and 5600X, failed flash BIOS update twice.
Unfortunately did not know Ryzen 1600 was not compatible with B550, tried to put the 1600 in B550 to update BIOS but it did not even light up.
Switch back my 1600 to the old rig (nothing else changed and now the old one does not post and I cant get my new rig going because the flash BIOS its working on my MSI B550.
Any tips for the new and old rig?

Solution
Is your BIOS chip removable?

If it is, there's a guy on ebay that will make you a new BIOS chip for dirt cheap. He will flash whatever version you want on there. I suggest an older BIOS since it's Ryzen 1600. If that interests you I can find his shop name. It's been a few months since I used him. I have used him a few times and he ships them out very quickly.
Sep 28, 2021
After 5 attempts finally was able to flash BIOS and get new rig going. However the 1600 still aint posting. Only took CPU out and back in. Not working anymore...

Is your BIOS chip removable?

If it is, there's a guy on ebay that will make you a new BIOS chip for dirt cheap. He will flash whatever version you want on there. I suggest an older BIOS since it's Ryzen 1600. If that interests you I can find his shop name. It's been a few months since I used him. I have used him a few times and he ships them out very quickly.

Solution