[SOLVED] Ryzen 1600af + b450 asrock gaming k4 no signal and still restarting

szyszeq

Prominent
Jan 23, 2019
Hi, i've got a problem with my setup. Everytime I start the computer i see NO SIGNAL on my monitor. Fans and rgb's are working correctly but after 15 secs computer just restarts and again fans are running, NO SIGNAL and restart. Sometimes i can get into windows but it's hard.
i've tried:
New CPU (i got new one from guarantee)
Single ram (A1, A2, A3, A4 and in every the same issue)
Other GPU
Other PSU
Other Rams
Bios battery restart
What should i do?

Really thanks for applying!
And sorry for my bad english but i'm from Poland and i can't speak english very well.
My specs:
Ryzen 1600 af
Asrock B450 Gaming K4
Hyperx fury 2133 2x8gb DDR4 (i will get better if i solve the issue)
Silentiumpc vero l1
SSD Samsung EVO
Rx 580 4gb Sapphire

Solution
Yeah I agree update the BIOS, could be your BIOS isn't reading the 1600AF because it's a new CPU.

go to your mobo manufacturer's website, go to your models support page and download and install the BIOS.

You can look at BIOS installation guides on youtube/google.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What was the other PSU (brand and exact model) that you tried?

While the 432W on the 12V rail on the Silentium you have should be sufficient, that it's an 80-plus efficiency (not even Bronze level, though efficiency does NOT imply quality)) and, particularly, has only a 2 year warranty, makes me think that it's likely to be a low quality unit, and might not be able to put out the power it claims to do.

szyszeq

Prominent
Jan 23, 2019
What was the other PSU (brand and exact model) that you tried?

While the 432W on the 12V rail on the Silentium you have should be sufficient, that it's an 80-plus efficiency (not even Bronze level, though efficiency does NOT imply quality)) and, particularly, has only a 2 year warranty, makes me think that it's likely to be a low quality unit, and might not be able to put out the power it claims to do.
The exact model i can't remember but it was corsair 750w
Mine is 600w

What BIOS is on that board? It needs an update for 1600AF if you've never updated it. I assume it's new out of the box but the image on there could vary.
So should i update bios to the newest version?
If yes, how? It's really hard to get to the bios

szyszeq

Prominent
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah I agree update the BIOS, could be your BIOS isn't reading the 1600AF because it's a new CPU.

go to your mobo manufacturer's website, go to your models support page and download and install the BIOS.

You can look at BIOS installation guides on youtube/google.
Update for the newest version or another?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I kind of suspect that the b450 Gaming K4 would work with the 1600AF right out of the box, but don't hold me to that. So, I'll defer to those who suggest updating it, if possible.

Some simple (and probably obvious, but I ask just in case) possibilities:
  • Did you connect the PCIe connectors from the PSU to the GPU?
  • Did you make sure that you plugged the monitor to the video output on the GPU, and NOT the one on the motherboard?

Also, you can try re-seating the RAM sticks, or trying one stick at a time (though I realize this is probably not the problem if you got them as a matched kit).

szyszeq

Prominent
Jan 23, 2019
I kind of suspect that the b450 Gaming K4 would work with the 1600AF right out of the box, but don't hold me to that. So, I'll defer to those who suggest updating it, if possible.

Some simple (and probably obvious, but I ask just in case) possibilities:
  • Did you connect the PCIe connectors from the PSU to the GPU?
  • Did you make sure that you plugged the monitor to the video output on the GPU, and NOT the one on the motherboard?
Also, you can try re-seating the RAM sticks, or trying one stick at a time (though I realize this is probably not the problem if you got them as a matched kit).
i did it
i've tried in single and dual ram
same
Connectors are plugged
i'll try to update bios