[SOLVED] Ryzen 1600af stuck at 3.45ghz

Hi all,

recently build a new pc which works fine besides one lil thing that really bothers me.

when I play any game it seems that my cpu is stuck at 3.45ghz, shouldnt this be 3.6ghz on all cores? Also the moment I OC it to 3.6ghz windows crashes, only at 3.5ghz does it run stable.... but ive seen people run it at 4ghz

Motherboard im using is the Gigabyte b450m s2h with f50 bios. Anyone else experienced this problem before?

thanks for reading!

Solution
The 3.6ghz boost frequency will only be achieved when 1 core is stressed. In games that use multiple cores, you will not see 3.6ghz. 3.45ghz sounds about normal.

Did you increase any voltage when changing the multiplier? You have to. You probably will need a better cooler than stock.
The 3.6ghz boost frequency will only be achieved when 1 core is stressed. In games that use multiple cores, you will not see 3.6ghz. 3.45ghz sounds about normal.

Did you increase any voltage when changing the multiplier? You have to. You probably will need a better cooler than stock.

Solution

Hmm oke, thought it would perform better out of the box, the ryzen 2600 is running at 3.7 out of the box I believe so I was hoping this one would do 3.6
I did not increase the voltage, im not familiar with overclocking regardless, but I suppose I have to now.

Im using the wraith spire rgb that normally comes with the ryzen 2700. It performs very good. In Battlefield 5 temps dont go over 50c for example.