Question Ryzen 1600x + GTX 1080ti Poor performance

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I built my system a year ago, mainly for CSGO, but my frames are as low as 90 in some scenarios, for example, on nuke outside I get similar performance as my friend with a 1050ti paired up with an i5 8400. But he gets higher. I am lost about what to do, can anyone reference, anything that can help me. Am on the verge of buying 32gb of ram, a new motherboard and a 9700k if I cant get this fixed.... my ram is from 2x8 from 2 different sets GPU runs at 20% maximum CPU runs at 30% maximum

another issue is my idle ram usage is 3+ GB at all times in games it's up to my fullest 16gb, games like Rust, 7 days to die sometimes even csgo, and almost any game for that matter.

I tried everything I reinstalled windows, Nothing -- I upgraded GPU from 1070 ti to 1080 ti NOTHING, I have no idea on what to do.

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I can lower my setting to the lowest possible graphical setting I get 0 difference in performance for example if i change my resolution in any game from 1440p to 720p or lower I get 0 difference in FPS

130 - 200 FPS? How much do you want? Your screen won't allow you to detect more than 165 anyway. As for your friend's setup, they are lots of graphical factors (draw distance, AA, Texture Filtering, Motion Blurr, Shaders, etc) that will affect your framerate. Your best bet might be to run something like the latest 3D Mark benchmark, and see how your system ranks with others similar to it.

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
130 - 200 FPS? How much do you want? Your screen won't allow you to detect more than 165 anyway. As for your friend's setup, they are lots of graphical factors (draw distance, AA, Texture Filtering, Motion Blurr, Shaders, etc) that will affect your framerate. Your best bet might be to run something like the latest 3D Mark benchmark, and see how your system ranks with others similar to it.
For a GPU that I paid 600$ for me to get fps similar to a 500$full system on a resolution of 1280x960 for me to not even get at least 240 fps constant. And as previously stated on all low settings. is unacceptable, my whole set up costs around$2.5k and if maybe you were in my shoes and spent ~600$ on a 165 Hz 1440p monitor you want to use it to the fullest capacity in every game. I understand that 130-200 fps is a good some for a few but not on quite the high-end system.
I am ready to buy anything just so I can play cs at 250+ FPS (What my GPU should be outputting in CS).
As I do play competitively and it's extremely annoying to see my crosshairs slowly drag across the screen durring an fps drop from 130 to 90. it is REALLY REALLY noticeable on this monitor even with G-sync enabled

My final solution is to buy a 9700k and a z390 motherboard, along with 32 GB of ram. and forget about any CPU problem I've ever had.

This was one of my benchmarks https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20725478

I looked at my thermals they are always below 60C on CPU and below 60 on GPU

I ran many benchmarks they all show the same result.

The reason, why I am unhappy, is that I never get to use more than 40% of my GPU. After spending 600$ on it.
and because I can not play cs properly, I built this system with the intent of buying a 240hz monitor for CS. But I never even hit 240....

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
All I know its ether some software limitation, it's the CPU or the motherboard. That's why I might just buy a 9700k and a z390 motherboard, along with 32 GB of ram. and forget about any problem I've ever had.
Buying that will mean a complete rebuild of my system.

Also worth noting is that if you run low resolution and lowest visual settings, your numbers are going to be on par with your friend's system, as you are letting the CPU do most of the work, and your CPU is pretty close to his for gaming performance (his Intel chip having a slight edge in most games, but shouldn't be too noticable unless you are counting numbers).

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Also worth noting is that if you run low resolution and lowest visual settings, your numbers are going to be on par with your friend's system, as you are letting the CPU do most of the work, and your CPU is pretty close to his for gaming performance (his Intel chip having a slight edge in most games, but shouldn't be too noticeable unless you are counting numbers).
Yeah I realized that and scince the only 2 games I play is RUST and CS, and in rust absolutely regardless of what setting is used I still get 35-60 fps, and for me that basically almost unplayable.

Are you running all the latest drivers from Asrock and Nvidia? As mentioned, have you installed the latest non-beta BIOS for your motherboard? One of the few things I don't like about Windows 10 is that it pretends it can get the best drivers for everything, even when it can't, so it pays to look around.

Hi Guys
From looking at the userbench the op linked.
I believe there is definitely something going on with his ram and something running in the background @ 20%.

1) that fact that he is using mixed ram told by him.

2)the userbench shows his ram top right side that only 9.9 gb free of 16.

And at the bottom ram shows there as 2134 twice
Normally it would show the make along with its rated ram speed/cl in what config 1x8 ,2x8, and how many slots are being used also what the ram speed is currently running at.

3) the 20% background can be dropped by closing down All unnecessary software.

I not saying anybody is right or wrong.
He should do what you guys have suggested and starting over from the basics.
Have a Great Day !!!!!!!!!

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hi Guys
From looking at the userbench the op linked.
I believe there is definitely something going on with his ram and something running in the background @ 20%.

1) that fact that he is using mixed ram told by him.

2)the userbench shows his ram top right side that only 9.9 gb free of 16.

And at the bottom ram shows there as 2134 twice
Normally it would show the make along with its rated ram speed/cl in what config 1x8 ,2x8, and how many slots are being used also what the ram speed is currently running at.

3) the 20% background can be dropped by closing down All unnecessary software.

I not saying anybody is right or wrong.
He should do what you guys have suggested and starting over from the basics.
Have a Great Day !!!!!!!!!
The 20% background CPU I know I was running tons of stuff while benching, but the ram I've been questioning for a while now I have 5gb average idle use and I don't know what that may be or how to fix it, I tied a lot at this point to fix the ram issue.

Have you looked at task manager (processes) to see what is using so much ram?

Do you use Google Chrome?

The 20% background will have an effect But it's not going to change your ram stats at the bottom of the page.

What slots do you have your ram in?
Have you tried a single stick ?
Have you done what the other guys have suggested?
What is your exact mobo model?
And each ram model ?

gribk2000

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Have you looked at task manager (processes) to see what is using so much ram?

Do you use Google Chrome?

The 20% background will have an effect But it's not going to change your ram stats at the bottom of the page.

What slots do you have your ram in?
Have you tried a single stick ?
Have you done what the other guys have suggested?
What is your exact mobo model?
And each ram model ?
  1. I have tried a single stick, the ram I have I really dont know the full name but the first one is g skill at 2113 and the second stick is XPG at 2666
  2. I tried a lot of things. And I am in the process of buying 3600 ram with a new CPU and motherboard.
  3. AB350 Gaming K4 Fatal1ty by asrock.

and now here's the thing take a close look at the ram of these 2 systems
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20754448 (My system)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20754423 (Friend system)

My RAM is totally fucked compeared to his.

Try the 2666 stick in the 2nd slot from the cpu. Slot A2
Set xmp in bios then dram / ram frequency to 2666mhz rerun userbench.
Unless you are that close to the upgrade.

Even with the upgrade be sure to install the ram in the 2nd slot for single or 2nd and 4th slots for dual channel and again set Docp/xmp/a-xmp depending on what board you choose.