Ryzen 1600x with Kraken X62 (Very high temps after install)

joonas.soinila

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hello

I have a problem with my recently purchased nzxt kraken x62 and could use some help.

I have a relatively new system that I decided to upgrade to liquid cooling. Before that, I had a noctua NH-D14. After installing the cooler and turning the pc on, it shut down after around 20 seconds.
I triple checked that everything was connected correctly, and the pc still shuts down after a while. I managed to get to bios and saw an error message along the lines of: "cpu fan error".
The temperatures seen in bios were around 80 degrees celsius and will start going up after a while.
I re-installed everything a couple of times but every time the same thing happens.
I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong, I am currently running the system with the old noctua cooler and I have no problems what so ever.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Are you sure the wiring is installed correctly for the pump? It sounds like the pump may be DOA. The Kraken X62 seem to have this as common problem on here. The warning you are getting is because the RPM is too low or not at all, which explains high temps and shutoff.

joonas.soinila

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Yup, I am sure that the thermal paste was okay. I re-applied it a couple of times to be sure of it(after cleaning the old paste off of course) yet the same problem persisted every time.

Are you sure the wiring is installed correctly for the pump? It sounds like the pump may be DOA. The Kraken X62 seem to have this as common problem on here. The warning you are getting is because the RPM is too low or not at all, which explains high temps and shutoff.

Solution

joonas.soinila

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah I followed the instructions to the letter and checked everything a couple of times. I am contacting the place I bought it from so let's hope I have more luck with the next one :)
Thank you all for the assistance!