Ryzen 1700 and I7 7700k for dual streaming

Solution
They're two separate computers, and the only interface between them would be a video output from the gaming rig going to a capture card on the streaming rig. I don't even know in what way they could be incompatible. But if you require a yes/no answer, then yes, they will be compatible.

Regarding taking the GPU out of the Ryzen rig and putting it into the Intel rig: Ryzen has no integrated graphics. If you take out your gaming GPU, you'll need to replace it (even with a really cheap, low end GPU) in order to get a video output.

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
Yes you can have a gaming dedicated machine and a streaming dedicated machine you Will need a capture card, the r7 should be capable of gaming and streaming since Thats one of the reasons People go with it over the i7, imo a i7 7700k or an r7 1700 for a dedicated streaming pc would be overkill unless you want it to be a Back up gaming rig

kilo_kells

Prominent
May 18, 2017

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If they're in different builds, I'm not sure what compatibility there is to worry about.

As an aside, there are cases out there that support two motherboards, essentially letting you have two separate builds in the same case, using the same PSU. If you're interested in something like that.

kilo_kells

Prominent
May 18, 2017

kilo_kells

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I just want to know if they are compatible. The 1700 will be for streaming and the 7700k for the gaming. I already have two monitors. I have a quick question. Can I take my gpu out of my ryzen 1700 and put it in the gaming rig? The streaming PC doesn't need a gpu right?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
They're two separate computers, and the only interface between them would be a video output from the gaming rig going to a capture card on the streaming rig. I don't even know in what way they could be incompatible. But if you require a yes/no answer, then yes, they will be compatible.

Regarding taking the GPU out of the Ryzen rig and putting it into the Intel rig: Ryzen has no integrated graphics. If you take out your gaming GPU, you'll need to replace it (even with a really cheap, low end GPU) in order to get a video output.

Solution

kilo_kells

Prominent
May 18, 2017

kilo_kells

Prominent
May 18, 2017
OK. Thanks for your answer. That's what I was asking. I like my Zen rig but I want way better quality. It does wonderful by itself but I want another rid because.... Well I'm dumb