Question Ryzen 2000 series

May 15, 2019
I should use this processor in motherboards b450/x470 ?

I have an option to buy a motherboard ab350 $10 more cheap than a b450 or is better wait b550 ?

And what specific CPU do you have your eyes set on? And what do you want to do with it as well?

There is a use case where buying an X470 will be better than the B450: OC. Most X470s are better suited for OC than their B450 siblings. There's a few exceptions, but then they land in the same price territory as most X470s anyway.

Cheers!

May 15, 2019
And what specific CPU do you have your eyes set on? And what do you want to do with it as well?

There is a use case where buying an X470 will be better than the B450: OC. Most X470s are better suited for OC than their B450 siblings. There's a few exceptions, but then they land in the same price territory as most X470s anyway.

Cheers!
Ryzen R7 2700

But in my country everything is expansive to buy.

As what's been said recently, I'd wait another month for the new boards to come out to see the price reductions in older hardware if possible.
Normally I'd agree with this but since X570 boards are expected to be so much more expensive than previous AM4 boards (due to construction and materials required for PCIe Gen4) I really don't expect there to be any down ward pressure for X470/B450. In fact, when I see the prices of the X570 boards I wonder if X470 boards will go up in price a little as stocks decline.

B550 boards aren't expected until next year, last I read, so B450 boards will probably be plentiful enough. I hope.

Reactions: King_V
Normally I'd agree with this but since X570 boards are expected to be so much more expensive than previous AM4 boards (due to construction and materials required for PCIe Gen4) I really don't expect there to be any down ward pressure for X470/B450. In fact, when I see the prices of the X570 boards I wonder if X470 boards will go up in price a little as stocks decline.

B550 boards aren't expected until next year, last I read, so B450 boards will probably be plentiful enough. I hope.
That's actually an excellent point to bring up and for us to remember... Given how PCIe 4 requires more layers on the PCB, then you're absolutely on point by saying X570 boards will be more expensive; on average at least.

Cheers!