[SOLVED] Ryzen 2200G Opinions

jcchimaera

Honorable
Jan 15, 2019
I have two pc builds, the cheap one is 2200G.

Build in January 2019, 90% used it for emulating PS1 / PS2 games. 10% to watch some old tv series.

Nothing too fancy, just one nvme ssd for windows & 1tb hdd for data. no rgb fans whatsoever.

Now i'm just wondering how long this cpu gonna stay relevant in the coming years? maybe 5 or so?

Should i later upgrade to Ryzen 5 or just stay as long as current one can hold?

Anyone still using this cpu? what is your opinion so far?

Thanks for coming.

Solution
Now i'm just wondering how long this cpu gonna stay relevant in the coming years? maybe 5 or so?

Is Windows 11 important for you? If so, that may be the reason to upgrade CPU's as I don't think 2200G's are going to be supported.

Windows' 10 will continue with support for security updates at least until 2025 so if Win11 isn't important you'll be fine. Otherwise, as said before if it's working for you there's no need to upgrade.

Is Windows 11 important for you? If so, that may be the reason to upgrade CPU's as I don't think 2200G's are going to be supported.

Windows' 10 will continue with support for security updates at least until 2025 so if Win11 isn't important you'll be fine. Otherwise, as said before if it's working for you there's no need to upgrade.

Last edited:
Solution