Question Ryzen 2200g + RTX 2060

May 27, 2019
Hello, up until now I have been using the integrated Vega 8 which comes in the Ryzen 2200g, I am going to buy a RTX 2060, my question is, how do I deal with Geforce drivers? Would the Radeon drivers and controllers mess with the RTX?

What considerations should I have when installing the RTX drivers?

Thanks in advice for the answers.

May 27, 2019
None. The two sets of drivers should not interfere with each other. There may be a chance of interference if you attempt to use both solutions, simultaneously. Best advice is not to.

-Wolf sends

Oh, ok.

But could I keep the Radeon settings in the hipothetical case I may need the Vega 8 again? Would Windows 10 recognize which driver to use once I plug my monitor into the RTX 2060 and turn the power on?

So far as I understand the Vega 8 drivers are actually the same used by Windows 10 for controlling the Ryzen 3 2200g, I was curious to know how my OS would react in such an scenario.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your computer tells WIndows 10 if there is a display plugged in and where it's plugged in. If it's plugged into the motherboard output, it will tell Windows so and Windows will use the Vega 8 drivers. If it's plugged into the RTX260, it will tell Windows so and Windows will use the Geforce drivers. If you have displays plugged into both, your computer will tell Windows so and Windows will attempt to use both. This is where things might confuse Windows and where you might run into problems.

-Wolf sends