[SOLVED] Ryzen 2200g with 1x4gb ram

SLiQue29

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
Hi guys, good day!
Just wanted to ask if I can play dota 2 using the ryzen 2200g 1x4gb ram.
I saw on a youtube video that it can run 40 to 50 fps on best looking settings on a 720p and could gain higher fps via dual channel ram.

This is the set that I am trying to build on a BUDGET.

1 - RYZEN 3 2200G 4 CORES 4 THREADS 3.5GHZ (TURBO 3.7GHZ) WITH VEGA 8 GRAPHICS AM4 PROCESSOR 5595.00
1 - GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H AM4 MOTHERBOARD 3495.00
2 - 4GB(1x4GB) KINGSTON HYPERX FURY DDR4 2400 BLACK (KHX424C15FB/4) 1795.00
1 - KINGSTON SA400 240GB SATA 6GBPS SSD (SA400S37) 2195.00
1 - BOSSTON CASING EK-01B WITH 700W PSU BIG FAN - BLACK 950.00

Overall cost in our country will be at Philippine peso: Php 14,000

Planning to add 1 more 4gb ram next payout hehehe. Btw, since CSGO is free now planning to play it as well.

Thanks guys for the help. Planning to buy it tomorrow :)

Solution
A "700W" PSU that comes with a case, with the combination selling for the equivalent of $19? That sounds truly terrifying.

I would save up for a little longer. While a Ryzen APU is a terrific entry-level PC on the cheap, there are too many compromises here crippling this build; the combination of motherboard that might not even run a Ryzen without a BIOS update, the insufficient, slow RAM that will be mixed with other slow RAM, and the horror-movie power supply are all very serious issues.

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't believe everything I see on YouTube. I would ask you to change the board to a B450 chipset and see if you can pick up a 2x4GB DDR4-3200MHz ram kit. What is the make and model of that PSU? If it's bundled with the case, then it's an expensive paper weight. It'll take out your entire build/investments.

My suggestion would be to get the build right at first go, meaning you get a dual channel ram kit and a good PSU.

Moved thread from CPUs to Systems.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
do not buy ram in different kits.
mixing ram is a gamble and not guaranteed to work. even same make and model RAM MAY NOT work in dual channel.
only matched sets are guaranteed to work in dual channel as they are tested and made to work with each other.

Update
three answers less than a minute apart saying not to mix RAM, what does that tell you?

SLiQue29

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
I see, it would be better that I immediately buy a 2x4gb of ram instead of buying just 1x4gb ram. Ill definitely look into it. Hoping my money would fit the required additional ram.
For now, i could only afford 2x4gb ram with 2400mhz would this be enough?

DSzymborski

Titan
A "700W" PSU that comes with a case, with the combination selling for the equivalent of $19? That sounds truly terrifying.

I would save up for a little longer. While a Ryzen APU is a terrific entry-level PC on the cheap, there are too many compromises here crippling this build; the combination of motherboard that might not even run a Ryzen without a BIOS update, the insufficient, slow RAM that will be mixed with other slow RAM, and the horror-movie power supply are all very serious issues.

Solution