Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Ryzen 2400g
Stock cooler
Asus b350 k prime mobo
Rx 580 8gb
16gb 2400mhz ram
Corsair cx500 psu

my cpu fan speed wont scale with my cpu temps.

Ive changed my fan profile to the ones available in the bios, Ive tried making my own fan curve in bios and it sticks to the first speed on the chart. For example, if i set
40c - %50 fan speed
70c - %70 fan speed

It wont go any higher or lower then %50 speed. I should also mention i bought the pc brand new pre built but i installed windows 10 my self along with the motherboard drivers. Everything is running at stock.

Is there a tool or driver i need from the asus website? Or there something in the bios i need to change?

Last edited:

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
If you want higher speeds, in the manual curve setting lower the maximum temperature as low as it goes, with the percentage as high as it can go. The upper number generally is the highest load the fan will reach at that given temperature. Are you suffering from high temps or low boost frequencies?

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Yes it does get warm, for example playing the divison 2 for a thew hours the max cpu temp recorded by hwmonitor was 93c. If i set the fan curve and it sticks at %50 rpm like ive said above it maxes out at 76-77c. On standard fan curve the cpu fan was going no higher then 800rpm, on my custom curve it doesn't go above 1550rpm. I want to know why the cpu fan rpm isent scaling with the cpu temp

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
If you want higher speeds, in the manual curve setting lower the maximum temperature as low as it goes, with the percentage as high as it can go. The upper number generally is the highest load the fan will reach at that given temperature. Are you suffering from high temps or low boost frequencies?
Please help, any advice would appreciated. Any

TRENDING THREADS