Ryzen 2400g ram and temperature problem

Mar 12, 2018
I just build new pc and this is the specs
Cpu ryzen 5 2400g
Mb asrocks ab350 pro4 (bios 4.60 if im not wrong)
Ram 2x4gb geil rgb luce lite amd version (dual channel)
Hdd 500gb
Psu seasonic s12ii 520w
I have stock cooler,
And 3 fan inhaust at front of the case
And 1 fan exhaust at the back

And i have few questions
1. When i enable xmp profile and put it auto it will only run at 2133mhz so i manually choose the speed, and i'll have fps drop (i tried every speed 2400mhz, 2666mhz, 2933mhz at 1.35v) and sometimes it will restart, but it run just fine at 2133mhz, so right now i just put the profile at auto option, since my motherboard only have "xmp profile" and "auto" option. Is this just my ram not compatible?

2. So because of the first case with ram, i didn't change any setting, i run it at stock, then i check the speed with amd ryzen master and sometimes speed and core voltage could bump so high at 1.5++ but then it goes down, is this normal? Because of auto setting?

3.why i dont have vram option at bios? At north bridge tab i only have like 1 option (forgot what it is, will update this question when im on my pc)

4. My temperature is 50c at idle and could go 92c when gaming, (when i check with amd ryzen master my temperature keep going up and down so fast between 50-60c at idle, also monitor with hwinfo, and the tempt is almost same) is this normal? it is safe temp to use the pc?

Thank you in advance for the answers,
And sorry for my bad english.

Update your BIOS to the latest version.
What's the model # of your RAM? In which slots did you place the RAM?
Even though Ryzen runs a little in the hot side, because of the graphics chip, those temperatures are a bit high. You should check your heatsink installation.
The maximum temperatures I have encountered at full load is 76° C

Mar 12, 2018

my RAM model is GALC48GB3000C16ADC, i put it in slot A2 and B2,
and the heatsink installation is fine no screw that loose and everything screw to the backplate just right

still waiting for the latest bios (p4.70) review at asrock forum (or is this pointless?)
scared to flash because of instablitiy bios and i never flash bios before, if there is something wrong with the latest version, i can just revert to the previous bios right?

I wanted to know if the memory kit was SR (Single rank, 1Rx4/1Rx8) or DR (Dual rank, 2Rx4/2Rx8) which is printed on the label, but I could not find info about it. SR runs faster than DR memory.
I searched that model on the Geil website but it did not find any results.
Try A1, B1 slots and also reset the BIOS to default (Load optimal default values) by pressing the F9 key in the BIOS.

Mar 12, 2018

its said DR on its package, yes it also concerns me that i can't find any info when i searched it, it is possible i bought a fake ram stick??

also tried the other slots and reset the BIOS, but still have same problem

RAM sticks come with a label on it. Does the RAM sticks have a label on it?
What info does that label has?

TRENDING THREADS