Feb 26, 2017
System specs
2400g
16gb 2400mhz ram overclocked to 2733mhz
Rx 580 8gb
Asus b-350-k mobo
1x 1tb hdd
Corsair cx500 psu

What temps should i except from my 2400g when gaming? Im asking because ive only just become aware that in some games it gets as high as 80-85c when under load. This is the maximum temp shown by hardware monitor. Its doesent seem to affect gameplay, and ive had no crashing. The games ive noticed are wolfenstein 2, fallout 4 and 76, and Battlefield 1. Ive run valley bench mark and left it running for 30 mins and the maximum temp has been 70-75c. Its running with no overclock on a stock cooler in a fractal micro atx case with 2 inlet fans and 1 exhaust fan. Maximum in gaming is 85, but i dont know how long its staying at that temp because i cant monitor it live with msi afterburner, no cpu option. It might of been running this hot the entire time ive had it, but like i said ive only just become aware. Ive had this system maybe 6 months now problem free. If you read this to the end thank you!!!!!

Solution
I recommended two above. Here they are ...plus another one
Cryorig H7
Hyper 212 EVO
Be Quiet! PURE ROCK BK009

By the way you could use an app like NZXT CAM to monitor your system.
That temperature is expected, and even higher (up to 90°C), while gaming and performing other similar intensive tasks. The CPU and cooler are performing as they should.
If you prefer better temps, then you should upgrade the stock cooler.
Cryorig H7, Hyper 212 EVO or similar.

Your temps look to be okay, they are a little high, but nothing to be worried about. It could be your case needs more airflow, but you are not damaging your CPU.

I prefer the average load temps to be below 80C. Spikes above 80C is okay. The CPU will throttle at 95C to prevent damage, so it looks like everything is cooling fine.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Like i said, the highest temp so far is 85 playing Battlefield 1 all settings ultra, and i dont know how long it stays at 85 before the cpu fan speeds up. I cant monitor the temperature live because theres no option in my msi control panel. If someone could recommend i decent air cooler for £20-£30 ide appreciate it.

They are fairly easy to install..
Yes, you will need thermal paste but it is usually pre-applied on the new cooler or it might be included on the side.
Make sure to clean the CPU (you could use 91-99% isopropyl alcohol).