[SOLVED] Ryzen 2400G with GTX 1060x

Feb 18, 2018
Hi, i built a pc with the Ryzen 2400G APU in February due to bit-coin increasing the price in the GPU market. So i was able to play fortnite league of legends and GTA in low to medium setting but right now I am trying to get a gpu. I know GTX 1060 will be fine with my APU but Nvidia releasing a new 1060x and I'm curious if it will bottleneck or support my APU?

Solution

A decent 500watt PSU should be fine. But not all PSU's are created equal. Some of the advertised PSU are 500 watts, but less on the 12 volt rail. Plus they cant handle sustained loads that gaming can create.

The 580 is a good choice, but it is not faster than the 1060, on average, they are about the same. Some games the 580 does better, some games the 1060 does better. With that being said, the 580 is pretty cheap these days and they come with 3 decent games. So it would definitely have the edge in my opinion, but not...
Feb 18, 2018

I have a 500W psu and I heard the rx cards has more power consumption. will I be okay with the PSU?

A decent 500watt PSU should be fine. But not all PSU's are created equal. Some of the advertised PSU are 500 watts, but less on the 12 volt rail. Plus they cant handle sustained loads that gaming can create.

The 580 is a good choice, but it is not faster than the 1060, on average, they are about the same. Some games the 580 does better, some games the 1060 does better. With that being said, the 580 is pretty cheap these days and they come with 3 decent games. So it would definitely have the edge in my opinion, but not because of performance.

Solution