[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 105ºC in idle + Segotep BeCool 240S RGB

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Hello beautiful people.

Having some issues with my 2600 CPU. For some reason, sometimes, literally randomly when I boot my PC up, the whole environment seems sluggish. Right-clicking the desktop will take a couple of seconds, starting Chrome will take more than usual (normally starting Chrome is instant but when problem occurs, it will take well over 5-10 seconds). So I checked the temps in "Open Hardware Monitor". Funny enough, the processor stays at 105ºC. I know, mad temps right? Checked task manager, nothing there, actually the processor isn't going past 8% in idle. So then I noticed I can change the settings for the fans in Open HW Monitor. Once I changed to Manual>100%, the temp goes down immediately. And once I switch it back to "Default", processor behaves normally. The water pump is set in BIOS to automatically so nothing set on manual. What can cause this? Could it be the BIOS? Not sure if relevant but I was away for 2 months and obviously during this time, the computer was off.
Specs: 2600, B450 Pro4, 16GB 3000, 1080 Strix, M.2.
Any advise is welcomed.

Solution
Your CPU cooler is not mounted correctly, the thermal compound protective film from shipping is still in place, or the cooler pump has died...my money is on the pump died which is why the tubes are hot when they shouldn't be.
Hello beautiful people.

Having some issues with my 2600 CPU. For some reason, sometimes, literally randomly when I boot my PC up, the whole environment seems sluggish. Right-clicking the desktop will take a couple of seconds, starting Chrome will take more than usual (normally starting Chrome is instant but when problem occurs, it will take well over 5-10 seconds). So I checked the temps in "Open Hardware Monitor". Funny enough, the processor stays at 105ºC. I know, mad temps right? Checked task manager, nothing there, actually the processor isn't going past 8% in idle. So then I noticed I can change the settings for the fans in Open HW Monitor. Once I changed to Manual>100%, the temp goes down immediately. And once I switch it back to "Default", processor behaves normally. The water pump is set in BIOS to automatically so nothing set on manual. What can cause this? Could it be the BIOS? Not sure if relevant but I was away for 2 months and obviously during this time, the computer was off.
Specs: 2600, B450 Pro4, 16GB 3000, 1080 Strix, M.2.
Any advise is welcomed.
105c is impossible with Ryzen, 90 or 95c max or it will shut down. Use Ryzen Master and/or HWinfo64 or Aida.

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
105c is impossible with Ryzen, 90 or 95c max or it will shut down. Use Ryzen Master and/or HWinfo64 or Aida.

Hello sir,

I'm sure it is not impossible. And to prove it, please check this actual photo of my BIOS. I do trust BIOS over all the others. Also, Ryzen Master was showing the same temps. The highest, 109ºC! :D
Also, I did have my hand on the CPU cooler hoses going from the pump to the radiator and I can confirm, they were ridiculously warm!

Your CPU cooler is not mounted correctly, the thermal compound protective film from shipping is still in place, or the cooler pump has died...my money is on the pump died which is why the tubes are hot when they shouldn't be.

Solution
Hello sir,

I'm sure it is not impossible. And to prove it, please check this actual photo of my BIOS. I do trust BIOS over all the others. Also, Ryzen Master was showing the same temps. The highest, 109ºC! :D
Also, I did have my hand on the CPU cooler hoses going from the pump to the radiator and I can confirm, they were ridiculously warm!
That just proves there is a sensor problem. Not first nor last one.

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Cheers mate.
The first 2 don't apply. The pump might actually be the issue. These temps are only like that when I start the PC first time and not every time. Giving it a few minutes or changing the pump speed solves the temp. I mean, I can even start Prime95 and let it run for 1h and the temps won't go above 59°C.
Not sure tho, pump or.. mobo not controlling the pump properly?!

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Ok. So I think I found the problem. The water pump seems faulty. I tried switching between all chassis / cpu fan headers. All results are the same. High temps. I'm assuming all headers on the mobo can't be all faulty especially considering I bought this cpu and mobo a fe months ago and it all worked well. So, faulty water pump I'd say. Will confirm after warranty process