kydenm

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all,

With the recent price drops with ryzen 2600, I decided to pick up a bundle from micro center in denver while passing through on vacation. I just brought it home yesterday excited to throw it in a machine. However I now cannot get it to post at all. I have reseated my gpu multiple times as well as my ram. My ram is a bit older and not located under the memory QVL, but I have heard that is not always the case and may still work as long as it is DDR4. I do not have any other ram at the moment to test if it will post with a newerer DDR4. I am at the point where I may just purchase some as frustrated as I am now, but figured I would ask here first. My specs are:

CPU- ryzen 2600

GPU- gtx1060 6g

RAM- Vengeance LPX DDR4 CMK8GX4M1A2400C16

MOTHERBOARD- Asrock B450M Pro4

PSU- 500W ATX

I have tried every slot on my gpu and even reset CMOS, tried all 4 ram slots. I am getting power light indicators on video card, and all fans(cpu and case fans) are working on boot. I just cannot get any visual still and my excitement sadly was flushed down the drain quickly. Any help or tips would be much appreciated as I am still learning with this all! Thanks!

kydenm

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
yes everything works when plugged into the old cpu/motherboard. I am starting to think because of that it may just be the ram compatibility.

kydenm

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
so when I hit it like normal it sounds like it is booting, all fans start and I get lights on gpu, almost everything normal but just no visual.

kydenm

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
I have tried every graphics slot on the motherboard and on the GPU to get any sort of signal. both VGA and HDMI tested. Still no signal regardless. I don't even think the Asrock b450m has onboard graphics too, so still stumped.

kydenm

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
An update for anyone who may run into the same problem, I went to my buddies house to try a different ram, and it did not work as well. he had a better true 550w psu and we tried that for giggles and it posted right away. Once again having a decent psu makes a world of difference, thanks for all the help!