[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 Cant overlock

tonumeister

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
Hey, I just bought used 2600 and new B450 rog strix gaming-f board. I wanted to overlock it and I can increase voltage normally but cant increase multiplier. Its automaticly set to 38.50 and if I increase it and save and reset, after reboot and when I get to the windows that my set 40.00 multiplier is automaticly set back to 38.50. I get it to 4.00Ghz with blck overlock but some people say its not safe to do. All auto overlocking things are set disabled. Is there some setting that I have missed? Old owner said it goes 4.2ghz no problem.
Sorry maybe hard to read my main language is not english:/

Solution
Then I recommend you do this:
  • Unplug the PC (PSU).
  • Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
  • Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
  • Plug the PC back in.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
  • Repeatedly tap the DEL key
  • A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
  • Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
  • Save and exit the BIOS.
  • Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Then I recommend you do this:
  • Unplug the PC (PSU).
  • Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
  • Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
  • Plug the PC back in.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
  • Repeatedly tap the DEL key
  • A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
  • Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
  • Save and exit the BIOS.
  • Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution