[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 - GTX 1050 combination

Daytona Beach

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
So I will be picking up a few new parts in the morning once Best-buy opens.
I'm picking up the Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core 3.4ghz, the MSI B450 Tomahawk, and the Vengeance LPX 16GB 2.4ghz RAM.

I'm just curious if this is a good combo for basic stuff and gaming, I don't play on max graphics cause my monitor is a bit out-dated, it doesn't bother me though. So I'll probably be running at low-medium settings anyway until I get my new monitor and the rest of my parts.
I can run GTA V on max w/ graphics mod well above 100 FPS and no screen tearing so I know anything better will just improve that. I'll list my PC specs below and the other parts I will be getting as well.

My Setup

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core I3 7350k @ 4.20ghz (Runs around 40c under pressure)
GeIL EVO Potenza 8 GB DDR4 RAM @ 1066Mhz 15-15-15-36
Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF (U3E1)
2047MB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 (EVGA)
Corsair (500w?) PSU

So above is my setup now, and the below parts are what I'm getting later on so this won't matter much.
I know I can build a better PC online for cheaper blah, blah. I'm setting it up the way I want it since I'm gonna be looking at it everyday.
I've got a certain thing going on and don't intend to wreck that. But will this be a good pair for gaming?

Parts I'm getting

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
MSI Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB 850w
Corsair Hydro Series 280mm Liquid Cooling

Solution
Looking at temps with what software? Use AMD's own software and see if you have the same results. Also imo is the next as accurate,but amd's software should at least show right temps,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
You can of course reseat the cooler. Use fresh paste,if not having any first buy a tube of something like Arctic MX-4.

Daytona Beach

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
I've looked around and whats available to me, the 850w is best bang for my buck right now. (Slow stock as my town doesn't sell pc parts often)
They have 3.0ghz ram for like $20 more so I'll probably just pick that up instead of the 2.4ghz then.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
As said if the 500watt is of decent quality do you not need the 850watt psu,which is overkill anyway. A good quality 550watt would be more than enough for your system. Which psu in the system right now and how old? =model/series.

Is the i3 bottlenecking the gtx 1050? Otherwise why not try the gtx 1060 on this current pc before looking at an upgrade. Think that the money spend on that liquid cooler can be spend better anyway,like a better gpu or cpu (2600X maybe).

Daytona Beach

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
As said if the 500watt is of decent quality do you not need the 850watt psu,which is overkill anyway. A good quality 550watt would be more than enough for your system. Which psu in the system right now and how old? =model/series.

Is the i3 bottlenecking the gtx 1050? Otherwise why not try the gtx 1060 on this current pc before looking at an upgrade. Think that the money spend on that liquid cooler can be spend better anyway,like a better gpu or cpu (2600X maybe).

Not sure how old or the model of the psu, it's a corsair psu though. And liquid cooling is the way I have wanted to go for awhile. But I'm already upgrading the graphics card so I'm not worried about that. I went with a Ryzen 5 2600 and the MSI B450 Tomahawk with 16gb of ram (vengeance lpx 3000mhz)

Daytona Beach

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Think he means Ryzen+fast ram .... It's not absolutley necessary,but it will help.

The Ryzen combo is a nice upgrade btw. Regardless of what i suggested.

I paired all this with a XFX R9 280 3GB gpu today, having a problem though cause the CPU is overheating and idling at 80c but runs at 80c under pressure as well.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at temps with what software? Use AMD's own software and see if you have the same results. Also imo is the next as accurate,but amd's software should at least show right temps,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
You can of course reseat the cooler. Use fresh paste,if not having any first buy a tube of something like Arctic MX-4.

Solution