Question Ryzen 2600 not working with B450. Defective CPU?

May 12, 2019
I bought a new Ryzen CPU to upgrade from my 2200g, but when i installed it my computer wouldn't post or anything. Everything turns on fine but my monitor doesn't receive any signal. My motherboard is the "Gibabyte B450M DS3H". I reinstalled the 2200G and now everything is fine, but i want to use the new one. I have a RX 570 so i obviously connect the HDMI there.

May 12, 2019
probably just need to update the bios to support the cpu. version f30 is further cpu support. Install f32, the latest one, as it is cumulative with earlier versions.

Note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version before update this BIOS.
So I updated that and it still doesn't boot. Thank you nonetheless.

DavidM012

Distinguished
Think nothing of it, only posted a link. A search of your board isn't returning any similar problems with it, should be fine was the last comment I found.

It might be that your memory is compatible with the 2200g but not the 2600 but, check the model number of your ram is on the qvl for it, but I'm hearing arguments from both sides of the fence on that, a)qvl matters, b)qvl doesn't matter. Usually the symptom of not booting with incompatible memory is when xmp is enabled, but as you updated the bios, it was set to default, so it should boot at default speed whether the mem. is qvl or not.

May 12, 2019
If swapping CPUs, might try dropping down to a single RAM stick, and clearing CMOS before power on with new CPU...

Allow sufficient time for an auto reboot or two as MB configures for new hardware....
Sorry for the late response, I've tried that too but to no avail. I switched between all of the RAM slots but the results were the same.