Question Ryzen 2600 only reaching 3650mhz?

If I had to guess, I'd speculate your motherboard might have a VRM cap on power consumption in place for your 65 watt TDP CPU....

Once you go above 3.7 GHz, and slightly increase core voltage, power needs will start to push 90 watts quite quickly, all the way to ~135 watts peak at 4.3 GHz...

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
On all other non overclocked Ryzen 5 2600 videos the processor runs stabile at 3.750ghz.

What were these videos using for coolers? Boost performance is dependent on cooling. I saw no mention of your cooler so I assume you are using the stock cooler. The wraith stealth kind of sucks for this CPU IMO. The extra 50-100 mhz isn't going to make much difference anyway.

Jul 3, 2019
If I had to guess, I'd speculate your motherboard might have a VRM cap on power consumption in place for your 65 watt TDP CPU....

Once you go above 3.7 GHz, and slightly increase core voltage, power needs will start to push 90 watts quite quickly, all the way to ~135 watts peak at 4.3 GHz...
hmm, i dont think it does, since it is optimized for the ryzen cpus.
Should i try to reset the bios to default ?

Jul 3, 2019
What were these videos using for coolers? Boost performance is dependent on cooling. I saw no mention of your cooler so I assume you are using the stock cooler. The wraith stealth kind of sucks for this CPU IMO. The extra 50-100 mhz isn't going to make much difference anyway.
it's the same on every single video when you go to youtube and type in AMD Ryzen 5 2600 benchmarks regardless of temperatures.
Also there is no difference for me when i play with open case and the temperatures stay below 75*C

And my real problem is that i have micro stuttering in many games despite high fps. I already switched my GPU, PSU & Ram, so only thing that is left is my CPU, which could be causing the issues here. But when using Hwinfo the graphs for the cpu are all running stable, so i guess it's not the CPU in the end eventhough its slightly underperforming at 3650ghz.