[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 random 35-95 degree jumps

Jan 10, 2019
Hello, i recently had my first PC professionaly built. Ryzen 5 2600 cpu, Asrock b450 pro4 mbo, Coolermaster 120 lite liquid cooler, Gigabyte RX580 GPU

The PC was running great for the 1st three months. Now the CPU is overheating. The CPU overheats even during Idle, it doesnt matter what im doing, often going up to 95 degrees and crashing the PC. Sometimes it will go from 95 and then 2 minutes later go back down to 35. It heats up and either crashes, or cools down rather quickly for seemingly no reason. So basically its all over the place. Is it my cooler? Is the CPU a dud? Is my mobo messed up? Do i need to update BIOS? Ive checked the cooler and it is mounted securely, thermal paste is reaplied and good to go. Im using Ryzen master, HW monitor, and MSI afterburner to monitor temps. All show the right numbers.

Solution
Could be that the pump is plugged into a header with variable voltage. If it is getting a variable voltage, it wouldn't really start pumping efficiently until the cpu got super hot first. Look at which header the pump is plugged into, and then go into the bios and make sure the voltage on that one is set to 100%. If it is plugged into the cpu fan header, then you will definitely need to do this because the smart fan speed control is on by default.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Could be that the pump is plugged into a header with variable voltage. If it is getting a variable voltage, it wouldn't really start pumping efficiently until the cpu got super hot first. Look at which header the pump is plugged into, and then go into the bios and make sure the voltage on that one is set to 100%. If it is plugged into the cpu fan header, then you will definitely need to do this because the smart fan speed control is on by default.

Solution