[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 system still need Mobo + Memory.

weggen.jehannes

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Hello and thank U yes U! for a response it will be apreaciated :D

Got my hands on a Ryzen 2600 and can't wait to build my first AMD system but.. would really like your thoughts about the options in my country so no newegg etc. that's pointless..

Combination options I like are mainly Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/com...;1183389;666921;723603;721459;721499;1300788/ I don't like MSI motherboard design's..

So far I like the Asrock K4 + Gskill the best https://tweakers.net/gallery/552287/wenslijst/?wish_id=2014026 how high is the chance I get a good Performance and Price and Looks balance or what combo would get a higher Performance and Price ratio by eliminating Looks ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback I really appreciate it ;)

Regards,

Johannes.

Solution
I would rather go with the K4, new, for warranty reasons, than a F used. Too much hassle.

ASRock is a decent company and makes quality hardware. No worries there. G.Skill is the best memory manufacturer out there for mainstream consumer memory as far as I'm concerned, and certainly most of their memory has better compatibility with most Ryzen platforms from what I've seen. They make high quality memory and their customer service is excellent.
The B450-F and Trident Z memory are probably the BEST performance to price ratio from those found there.

The Steel legend and K4 are good choices too. I wouldn't go higher than the Trident Z 3000mhz sticks unless you have plans to upgrade to a Zen2 CPU later down the road and most have not had a lot of success running at higher speeds than that with B450 boards and 2nd Gen Ryzen processors, even factoring in increased compatibility from BIOS updates.

Any of those boards are ok though. Also, any of that memory listed is good as well.

weggen.jehannes

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
The B450-F and Trident Z memory are probably the BEST performance to price ratio from those found there.

The Steel legend and K4 are good choices too. I wouldn't go higher than the Trident Z 3000mhz sticks unless you have plans to upgrade to a Zen2 CPU later down the road and most have not had a lot of success running at higher speeds than that with B450 boards and 2nd Gen Ryzen processors, even factoring in increased compatibility from BIOS updates.

Any of those boards are ok though. Also, any of that memory listed is good as well.

Hi Darkbreeze :)

Thanks for the confirmation and there are cheaper memory sets like Crucial Sport, Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper, etc. for around 20$ less but Gskill performs always good or better especially on Ryzen so it's worth it :D

There is a used Asus B450F for 90$ so a 35$ saved within a half hour drive https://tweakers.net/aanbod/2064310/asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming.html but if something happens the current owner has to send it for repair while a Asrock K4 costs also a 90$ Brand-new

I never had a AMD system and never had a Asrock mobo and Gskill memory so a Adventure with these new Brands sound very appealing :D

I would rather go with the K4, new, for warranty reasons, than a F used. Too much hassle.

ASRock is a decent company and makes quality hardware. No worries there. G.Skill is the best memory manufacturer out there for mainstream consumer memory as far as I'm concerned, and certainly most of their memory has better compatibility with most Ryzen platforms from what I've seen. They make high quality memory and their customer service is excellent.

Solution

weggen.jehannes

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Thank u sir for your time and expertise :D the K4 was already on my mind because the Price and Performance and Cooling in several benchmarks the K4 was one or the Coolest and Ryzen can get Hot so that's a big prior.

No worries after the build is done and i know my remaining Budget I probably get a water cooler as finishing touch and I heard that Enermax solved it's problems after TR4 drama https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1374872/enermax-liqmax-iii.html all models around 2019 seem to work perfectly

Where oh where is the Solved button.. sorry I'm using a Shield K1 and this site or ads. don't make it Tablet friendly..