Question Ryzen 2600 with Asus Prime B450m-a/csm motherboard no signal to monitor with Rx580

Feb 15, 2019
PC Parts

MasterBox Q300L mATX Case w/Magnetic Design Dust Filter, Transparent Acrylic Side Panel, Air Flow Performance by Cooler Master
Asus Prime B450m-a/csm
Ryzen 2600 with a stock cooler
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1405 MHz OC+, 8GB 256-bit GDDR5, DX12 VR Ready, Double Dissipation, Dual

SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory for AMD Ryzen
HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641) Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 64MB 7200RPM 3.5" (Enterprise Grade) SATA III 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Kingston A400 SSD 480GB SATA 3 2.5” Solid State Drive SA400S37/480G - Increase Performance
VIOTEK NB24CB 24-Inch LED Curved Monitor with Speakers, Bezel-Less Display, 75Hz 1080P Full-HD FreeSync VGA HDMI VESA - Xbox Ready (Black)

As title states. I just got this build and having trouble getting a signal to the monitor

Waiting on shipping for a system speaker to diagnosis the problem further. But here is what I kinda gathered so far.

Observations:
None of the fans spin (GPU, Case, CPU, or power supply but none of them are supposed to if it doesn't boot or get hot enough so i guess that's fine)
The power button the Coolermaster case doesn't light up (I think its supposed to)
No signal to the monitor using HDMI cable from Rx 580 to my monitor.
There is a yellow light coming from the mobo (which i think is showing that the psu is powering the mobo at the very least)

Any suggestions? Feel like I'm missing something pretty basic here.

Last edited:

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
So this is a new build? Go through the motherboard manual to make sure you haven't missed a power supply connection to the motherboard. Also check that that the front panel wiring is in the correct orentation on the motherboard header.

Feb 15, 2019
What motherboard?

Sorry I forgot to add that to parts list. Asus Prime B450m-a/csm

So this is a new build? Go through the motherboard manual to make sure you haven't missed a power supply connection to the motherboard. Also check that that the front panel wiring is in the correct orentation on the motherboard header.
Yep new build.

I have the PSU to the ATX12 and the larger 24 pin one too. I am uncertain about the Front panel pins since I had to call asus to make sure since there was nothing in the manual abt it and also the labels on the mobo was a bit hard to read but still nothing after i configured it to what Asus sent me was the correct locations for the fpanel pins. I do think though like you said the f panel pins is the problem but I am a little afraid that changing pins might cause problems or short the mobo or is my worry of that happening unfounded?