[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600x and Radeon 1gb 6850?

Aug 21, 2019
I have recently built me a home build (total complete upgrade)...i have always built my own....back in 2010 was the last time prior to this i have done a build.
My question is.....how do these Ryzen chips work in conjunction with my old 6850?
i am currently using the card and have my monitor plugged in 6850 via DVI......am i getting any benefit from the Ryzen graphic? do they work together?...would i be better off removing 6850 and using HDMI from MB to Monitor?
thanks in advance
Leo

Solution
Motherboards dont have any graphics baked onto them anymore. In order to get a video out from the motherboard, you need a cpu with graphics built in. Ryzen cpus with a g at the end have vega graphics built in.

Northbridges (memory controller and gpu included) have been integrated into processors for awhile.

Both Intel and AMD chips without graphics will not allow for any video out on the motherboard. (2600x and 9400f are example of gpu less cpus)
The 2600x does not have integrated graphics. So the only way to use it with a monitor is to have a GPU installed. As for the benefit, the GPU is key for gaming. So if you are planning on gaming, the 6850 will hold you back for sure. But if you are not gaming, then it will be fine.

Aug 21, 2019
The 2600x does not have integrated graphics. So the only way to use it with a monitor is to have a GPU installed. As for the benefit, the GPU is key for gaming. So if you are planning on gaming, the 6850 will hold you back for sure. But if you are not gaming, then it will be fine.
I have this
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4
in the past the MB video if you had no gaming card...would usually come off the MB and steal some system ram for it.
This MB does have a HDMI out on the back.
I am puzzled has to how these Ryzen chips work in comparison to older MB with built in videfrom N/S Bridge?

Motherboards dont have any graphics baked onto them anymore. In order to get a video out from the motherboard, you need a cpu with graphics built in. Ryzen cpus with a g at the end have vega graphics built in.

Northbridges (memory controller and gpu included) have been integrated into processors for awhile.

Both Intel and AMD chips without graphics will not allow for any video out on the motherboard. (2600x and 9400f are example of gpu less cpus)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS