Question Ryzen 2600x at 85 degrees Celsius

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Does this seem high? It runs at 45 degrees on idle, but it was hitting 85 during Squad. Its on the stock cooler, but I've already reseated the cooler twice now and reapplied paste. It's at stock speeds, is something wrong?

pateltr

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Best solution is Liquid cooling. If you can't afford new and expensive one then go for used basic liquid cooling. After all liquid is better then air coolant.

Funny but you can try keep open one side cover of your case and check the temperature for few days.

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Best solution is Liquid cooling. If you can't afford new and expensive one then go for used basic liquid cooling. After all liquid is better then air coolant.

Funny but you can try keep open one side cover of your case and check the temperature for few days.
Would I be better off just finding a new case to switch into? Where would I find a used liquid cooler anyways?

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I agree with Pateltr about liquid cooling being the most effective.

For now, which CPU cooler do you have fitted?
I have a Ryzen 2700X with the Wraith Prism stock cooler.
It has a small switch on it marked 'L/H' indicating a low and high setting.
On high it spins up to 3700 RPM if temperatures reach their limit on the preset fan curve.
This high setting is much faster than the low one and makes a big difference to keeping temperatures lower.
If yours has a switch I suggest trying the high setting albeit at the expensive of louder fan noise.

Andy

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015

On high it spins up to 3700 RPM if temperatures reach their limit on the preset fan curve.
This high setting is much faster than the low one and makes a big difference to keeping temperatures lower.
If yours has a switch I suggest trying the high setting albeit at the expensive of louder fan noise.

Andy
Right now it's the stock Wraith Spire. I understand it's stock, but shouldn't it keep it below 85 degrees? I also dont believe the Spire has that switch sadly.

pateltr

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Andy
I've ryzen 5 2600 with Antec Kuhler H600 Pro as cooler.
Thanks for the suggestion towards Wraith Prism but i had Wraith Stealth.