Question Ryzen 2600x Lagging and not being the best?

GamineGamer

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
Hello, I upgraded to a new Ryzen 5 2600x at least 2 months ago. I've noticed this new issue where web browsing and general tasks are very very slowed down or even halted. I have a hunch that this could be due to my windows 10 installation, as I have had to use Malware bytes multiple times on this machine. What should I do? I could maybe even reinstall Windows 10 and see if that works. Maybe I could even replace the Thermal Paste on my CPU. For more info - I use the stock cooler that came with my CPU, my mobo is the "TUF B450M-Plus Gaming" Thank you in advance!!!!!

EDIT- It could maybe even be my internet, I really don't know right now

Here is the video on imugur - View: https://imgur.com/a/ZZO6v0R

GamineGamer

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
My PSU is a -
CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Semi-Modular Power Supply

My ram is -
TEAM DARK 2 x 8 GB DDR4 2133Mhz 5.2 GB being used when I am browsing chrome

I forgot when I installed this OS

SIDE NOTE - When I used a Ps2 emulator my PC got really really hot. Like temps were reaching 80 C. I think I should replace the thermal paste and tighten the cooler down more

GamineGamer

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
What should I do? I'm thinking of just taking every single thing out of my pc and rebuilding it slowly and carefully. Being honest, I put the cooler on while the motherboard was IN the pc. I literally needed another hand just to attach it

Fresh full reinstall, make sure all chipset and then GPU driver packages are installed.

Ensure cooler is mounted properly, with thin layer of paste...

ENsure voltage is set to auto, and that no goofy motherboard auto -overclocking routines are applying too high of a core voltage, etc...

Mar 30, 2020
Hello mate, did you alredy solved your problem?
I'll tell you my story.
I got one of these CPUs in Jan/2019 and I had the same problem.
How I fixed it? I settled 3 case fans and installed MSI Afterburner (even my motherboad being an Asus ROG B450-F) and used the following config.
It's working like a charm without lag and other issues.
Hope it helps a bit. Bye.

3G8SU51.png