Question Ryzen 2600x Not Boosting to 4.2ghz

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
So this is the first time I've actually used Ryzen stock. Out of the box I OC'd to 4.2ghz on all cores at 1.365v completely stable until now.

Assuming my OC has become unstable, I'm using stock 3.6ghz with 4.2ghz boost. Now, I know it only boosts on one or two cores and I've seen countless threads with people having this explained to them, but when I look in Hwinfo64 I cannot see any of the cores boosting above 3.6ghz. Should I be able to? Or are the cores not boosting?

If not, what do you suggest I change to gain the boost? I have enabled it within BIOS and it's set to auto.

Thanks in advance

Edit: just downloaded Ryzen Master to check it out, and where it says "auto/precision boost/manual" it is set to manual and i haven't changed anything. Have I possibly missed a motherboard setting?

Last edited:

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
If it’s manual then it’s probably not gonna boost. Try precision boost and auto and see what’s best.

It was because I had it set to 3.8 in the BIOS without realising, which auto disables boost within Ryzen Master.

However, back to stock and with Precision Boost on or on Auto, nothing changes. Temps are cool but CPU is not boosting, even in single threaded loads