Question Ryzen 2600x overheating

kubabir

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Recently i started getting random pc crashes when playing games (AC odyssey and BF1). I think its weird considering i have been playing before and suddenly from one day to another i started getting this weird crashes (screen freezes, sound glitches and my keyboard and mose start blinking. than i have to hard reset the pc). I opened ryzen master to take a look at the temps and i saw a 90 degree celcius just before the crash. I should probably note that my EDC doesnt go below 75% (even when idle) it was in the 90s before but i changed the windows power setting to balanced.

Another strange thing is it doesnt overheat when i turn the case fans all the way up so maybe its a psu problem

im using:
ryzen 2600x with stock cooler
silentiumpc supremo fm2 750W 80 Plus Gold (whitch is a a psu frome my county, it has good reviews)
msi 1060 gaming x 6g

I would first check that the cooler didn't come loose. It should be snug and not move when you put reasonable force on it.

As far as the case cooling....maybe you just need more case cooling.

You can run with the case open and face a desk fan towards it and that will give you an idea of how low your temps will be with good case cooling.

kubabir

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Ok, i cleaned up my whole pc and connected the case fans to the motherboard (previously they were connected to a case controller so i could manually boost them). now the temps arent going above 75 so its good. thanks for the help anyways